Occasional Contributor
What has happened to Antonella and Gabrielle? I've been shopping the Q for over 34 years when it was CVN. Whenever this happens, it leaves everyone with a sense of loss. Can't you find a better way to do this? At least let them say goodbye so we can all have some closure.
Honored Contributor

I'm not attached to any of the hosts that I would need "closure."  If you want to see their good-bye you can go to their FB page.  I'm sure it would be uncomfortable to say their good-byes while on air ... put yourself in their shoes.  They were basically fired.  

Respected Contributor

Stacy Stauffer was also let go.  Not sure about anyone else but I did like all 3 of them.  

Trusted Contributor

It was Antonella, Stacey Stauffer, Gabrielle and Kristine Zell and when people are layed off or let go or whatever you want to call it no there is no goodbye. How awkward would that be for them?  

It's business and that is the way it is.

3 of them anyway posted on Facebook 3 of them are still very active on facebook, The only one I am not sure about is Kristine Zell as I never really followed her.  In all honesty I on Facebook I follow a couple of QVC hosts and thats it.  Even Jill Bauer as much as I loved her, I didn't start to follow her on Facebook til she said she was leaving.  Loved her as a host just didn't feel the need at that time to tke it any further than that.

If you want some closure pop over to Facebook and check things out.

Honored Contributor

I'm not vested enough in any of the hosts, so I have no need for "closure".  It sure would be awkward to have them come back to say good-bye!  What kind of show would they broadcase from?  They're no longer employees, so  they wouldn't be selling anything.  I just don't feel the "sense of loss" or needing closure.  JMHO.

Valued Contributor

I don't understand why anyone would need "closure" just because a host lost their job. I hate to see anyone lose their job, but it happens everyday. It just makes no sense to how some people can get so attached to people that they don't know on a personal level. 

Respected Contributor

@Callender wrote:
What has happened to Antonella and Gabrielle? I've been shopping the Q for over 34 years when it was CVN. Whenever this happens, it leaves everyone with a sense of loss. Can't you find a better way to do this? At least let them say goodbye so we can all have some closure.

They're not dead, so no "closure" needed.

And no, whenever this happens it does NOT leave "everyone with a sense of loss." Regarding at least one host who's no longer on board, I thought it was a long time coming but the person had become a bad fit. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@Callender wrote:

They're not dead, so no "closure" needed.

And no, whenever this happens it does NOT leave "everyone with a sense of loss." Regarding at least one host who's no longer on board, I thought it was a long time coming but the person had become a bad fit. 

Please give the original poster a break.  There are QVC viewers who do get attached to certain hosts and it does come as a shock when they leave, especially if they've worked there for a long time.  I know I was a big fan of Kathy Levine and watched her often with Joan Rivers.  What a team!  Anyway, it was sad to see her go and although it wasn't like a death, I felt sad in such a way that an enjoyable part of watching QVC would be no more.  No, hosts probably aren't going to go into great detail why they're leaving and QVC probably wouldn't let them anyway, but people are curious and want to know the why.  

Contributor

The one host who causes me to immediately change channel from QVC is PAT JAMES DE MENTRI. I have nick named her the AHHHHHH woman. Every other word out of her mouth is ahhhhhhh. Very distracting. Years ago I called QVC to comment on this very obvious verbal tic.....nothing was done. Instead Stacey, Gabrielle and Kristine are gone. I don't get it. Perhaps PJD sells more stuff when she is on air....but for me-she is a big turn off.

Honored Contributor

I would prefer that on the website pages of QVC and HSN, they would notify us when a vendor will no longer be on.  I'm thinking of Slinky on HSN, C Wonder on QVC.  Wish I had had a notification that their items were being discontinued.

Not at all interested in the "hosts" whose job it is to sell.