Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I can not believe a company as large as Joy's company did not do a test run on this product with a large group of people first before launching it to the public? 

so STUPID.

@SeaMaiden: The same thing happened with the Miracle Mop about three years ago. I purchased the mop but had to return it due to (very) poor quality. There was no way they could have done a final test run. I couldn't believe it had been given the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval!!!

@Diva on The Q, I honestly think you can buy a Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval.  I think that seal is pretty meaningless. 

I sure didn't know that. They should be ashamed of themselves if they do that.

Unsubstantiated throw away remarks that are readily accepted as fact is how false rumors get started.

How does a product earn the Good Housekeeping Seal and the Green Good Housekeeping Seal?  https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/institute/about-the-institute/a31680/good-housekeeping-seal-faqs/

How the GH Limited Warranty Seal Protects You  https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/institute/about-the-institute/a22148/about-good-housekeeping-seal/

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

What I find interesting is how many people who have not even tried the product have formed a negative opinion based solely on the negative reviews. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Miracle Clean gone

[ Edited ]

@catwhisperer wrote:

What I find interesting is how many people who have not even tried the product have formed a negative opinion based solely on the negative reviews. 

@catwhisperer, I have no problem with basing a decision to purchase on negative reviews, I often do that myself after evaluating the negative reviews and determining if it is something that affects me.

When it comes to scent that is a very individualistic, subjective thing.  For example I am super sensitive to the scent of Oriental lilies and if one is in bloom in a garden center I know it.  On the other hand there are only a few roses that I can readily smell.

Now if the negative reviews consistently said something smells like rotten eggs...

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

Joy is a very polarizing figure.  There are some who take great pleasure in one of her product failures.  Schadenfreude.

Respected Contributor

Re: Miracle Clean gone

[ Edited ]

In the past, I have made purchases based on great reviews, only to be very disappointed. That's the chance we take buying online.

I am obviously in the minority with this product. I purchased it and have no problem with it.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

Well, when I first received the miracle clean, I started to use it and thought it smelled awful. I actually bought it because it was non-toxic to pets and thought it would be a good thing to have. I own parrots and you can't use anything that has fumes. Plain water, baking soda and dish detergent is what you can use around birds. So at first I was disappointed because of the smell. Well that night my dog got out of his kennel and I had a big mess on the floor, #1 and my dogs had run through it and up the carpeted dog steps into my bed. I had to wash my bed linens but how was I going to get the #1 out of the carpet on the dog steps. I took that horrible smelling miracle clean and 1 of those nice sponges that comes with it and scrubbed those steps. They got very clean and once dried the smell was gone. The next day, I decided to clean my stainless appliances with it and I have to say this stuff cleaned better and easier than anything that I have ever used. I found that using very little was all I needed to do, and the smell did not linger. So do I like the cleaning side of the product? Yes, do I think it is toxic? I would not use it around my birds because the fumes are strong and it does smell antiseptic. I read that the thyme ingredient has been used for years by the Indians to help heal wounds, and as a medical treatment. It is also used in mouthwash and tooth paste. So I don't think it is toxic, it just smells terrible. So I am keeping mine, I love those sponges that came with it. The clothes are kind of on the cheap feeling side but will do. At least I can use it to clean and sanatize if my dogs have another "fun fest" like they did that night. 

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Unsubstantiated throw away remarks that are readily accepted as fact is how false rumors get started.

How does a product earn the Good Housekeeping Seal and the Green Good Housekeeping Seal?  https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/institute/about-the-institute/a31680/good-housekeeping-seal-faqs/

How the GH Limited Warranty Seal Protects You  https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/institute/about-the-institute/a22148/about-good-housekeeping-seal/

@Marp, I wasn't making any type of unsubstantiated remark for anyone to accept as fact.  If they do, that's on them.  It is my opinion that one can buy a seal of approval.  I don't really care what links you post and what Good Housekeeping states.  I have read all that in the past. Smiley Very Happyo you really think they are going to say that yes, with enough money, we'll give you a seal of approval.

Joy Mangano's company as a whole as the GH Seal of Approval.  I am not buying that GH is endorsing all of her products or after testing them, giving them their seal of approval. 

That is my own personal opinion and nothing more.

Honored Contributor

I am basing my opinion on what the majority of  other consumers have experienced.I trust that with so many negative there is a definite problem.

Honored Contributor

There are a lot of complaints on Joy's FB page as well.  For awhile, the company was responding that this is the new smell of clean and it takes getting used to. 

Esteemed Contributor

Joy is scheduled to be back in late October for a TS.

Will be interestnig to see if they cancel the visit completely, or at a minimum I imagine will not take any on-air phone calls (unless they are planted ones).