Honored Contributor

Microfiber Duster Set With Gift Boxes

I was just looking to see what was on the air in the Gift Show.  They had a Microfiber duster set by Campanelli with two gift boxes.  I can't imagine giving someone a duster set as a gift.  I would not like to receive it as a gift either.  I thought that was so strange that they'd sell them with gift boxes.  Would anyone think that was a good gift?  

I do actually have a similar set that I like a lot, but I bought it for myself.  It would never cross my mind to give it to someone.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Microfiber Duster Set With Gift Boxes

I don't know if it would make a nice gift but I guess that depends on that person's wishes. I certainly wouldn't hate it if someone gave it to me...better this than a pair of Spanx!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

If someone gave me a "duster set" I'd wonder if they thought my house needed to be dusted.

Honored Contributor

As an additonal gift, it is a perfect gift, in particular, for those folks who have difficulty getting around and/or stretching.  The dusters pick up dirt quickly and easily and can get into places that otherwise could not be reached by those with limited mobility.  This set is welcome, believe me. 

Perhaps it is best if you are close to the person whom you gift -- and that you also give some other fun or more wonderful gift along with it.

Honored Contributor

I find the flashlight gift another white elephant gift....I mean REALLY.

Respected Contributor

I just gave my DD the long duster, she asked me how to get rid of webs in the corner of her townhouse (she is single & moved in 4 months ago) I was going to replace the one she took, saw that and got it. I really just wanted one but you have to buy two so she will be thrilled to have one upstairs & downstairs. I also got her solar lights for yard, bbq long handle tools (someone gave her an old gas grill for free) when you have not much for a house coming from apt. she will love these Christmas gifts. 

Honored Contributor

@NickNack- I had QVC on for awhile this afternoon.  I got a chuckle out of the gift boxes!  I pointed it out to my husband. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Bought the set last year - I didn't need 2 but knew I'd find somebody to give it to.....my neighbor had just sold their house next door and moved to senior living.  She's a good sport - so I gave her the 2nd set and she loved them - husband was able to get some of those high ceiling webs.  We don't take gift giving too seriously.  I told her I got it for free and thought of her!  Had a good laugh.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I just received those (I bought them).  I kept one for myself and gave one to my daughter.

She's always trying to reach the intake vent at the top of her stairs in her house to clean it. 

I know she would appreciate it.  I also know other people who would like to have a set.  I think if a person is a good friend and knows you don't have annimosity in your heart when you give it to them....good grief!

Now that's not to say I'd give it to someone I didn't know really well but I wouldn't mind getting a set.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL!!! It would not bother me. I have the larger set. I use it weekly if not more. At least it's something I would use. It would certainly be better then some of the $*&#@% I receive.

I'm a clean freak so I can see where someone would think it's a good gift.