Honored Contributor

Michelle Carter To Get 2 1/2 Years In Texting Case

Michelle Carter, whom texted to her boyfriend to commit suicide, will get 2 1/2 yrs of the 20 yr. limit.

He had already been on psychiotic meds.

Viscious texters should be held responsible for their actions, IMO.

There were probably flags years earlier that went unnoticed concerning the type of aggression that this behavior comes from. It doesn't materialize over night.  I feel so sad for everyone concerned.

Valued Contributor

Re: Michelle Carter To Get 2 1/2 Years In Texting Case

She definitely deserves to serve more time that that!! However, there must have been signs that he clearly suffered from something like depression or mental issues. I guess I just don't see how someone could have that much control over another person. 

Honored Contributor

Good!  She has a look in her eyes like she's a little off center.  I'm glad she got some hard time instead of just a slap on the hands. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Good!  She has a look in her eyes like she's a little off center.  I'm glad she got some hard time instead of just a slap on the hands. 

Yes...she has crazy eyes....and some really crazy bushy eyebrows

Honored Contributor

This piece of scum will only serve 15 months.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

She is required to serve 15 months with the remainder suspended.  She is free on bail pending her case going through the appeals process.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

Michelle Carter was sentence to 15 months in prison,but she will be free until her  appeal process goes thru the court. Justice is indeed sometimes blind.

Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four wrote:

She is required to serve 15 months with the remainder suspended.  She is free on bail pending her case going through the appeals process.

And that could take up to 18 months........think the judge got it wrong.....

Honored Contributor

I was not surprised at any of this:  the guilty verdict, the sentence, and the stay of her sentence. 

I also believe that this conviction will be overturned on appeal.  I wouldn't agree with it but I believe her lawyer made some very strong points and I also believe the judge did get it right.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

The law has always leaned to the "innocent".  Unfortulately, some of the other gets through the gates.  That's "humanity".  

I'm praying for all in the case having taught.  Something has gone wrong somewhere and this is the end result of years of disfunctionalism.