Honored Contributor

Has anyone here ever used Dolly.com before for moving an item(s)/

I need  a Craigs list  purchase delivered from the sellers home( actually it is a free item) to  my home.  It is heavy( a treadmill). Dolly. com  was the only company I could find in the area that did this.. moving anything anywhere big or small jobs.  Most companies only want to deal with big moves or a lot of say furnisher etc.   So far the process has been easy..  They have a great website.   Just wondering if anyone has used them in the past.

I guess I will find out. I would think that this would be a good business with all the people trading and buying goods today.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone here ever used Dolly.com before for moving an item(s)/

in my area we don't have a dolly.com but what we have is a real scam.

the company says they will pick up item(s) for such n such price. Ok you hire them, they pick up the item. they bring it to you but they demand more money or you don't get the item.

my neighbor lady had this happen 3 yrs ago. she needed something picked up and delivered her furniture from moving from one house to another. she hired this company paid the x-amount of money for the delivery, but when they got to her new house, they demanded more money or NO furniture would be taken off the truck. I believe they got her for another $900.00.  there was nothing she could do apparently in itty bitty print in the contract as something to this effect, more money would be due to off load the truck.  lesson learned

Valued Contributor

My daughter lives in Chicago and has used Dolly twice this year. (TWO moves - one due to a fire in her building.). Dolly worked very well both times.
Honored Contributor

@viva923  Why isn't this company turned in if it continues to rip people off? I would think after several people had this happen to them that just word of mouth would cause no one to use the company  any more and they would go out of business?

Honored Contributor

This is a service I would have killed to have had in LA.

I did use 1-800-GOT-JUNK many times and was always very pleased - but they were expensive.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I need  a Craigs list  purchase delivered from the sellers home( actually it is a free item) to  my home.  It is heavy( a treadmill). Dolly. com  was the only company I could find in the area that did this.. moving anything anywhere big or small jobs.  Most companies only want to deal with big moves or a lot of say furnisher etc.   So far the process has been easy..  They have a great website.   Just wondering if anyone has used them in the past.

I guess I will find out. I would think that this would be a good business with all the people trading and buying goods today.  

UPDATE ON USING DOLLY.COM

everything went wonderfully!  The two nicest young men picked up the treadmill from the other house...and delivered it  to my home just fine. I would use Dolly again for moving or whatever. It was reasonable and reliable.