Trusted Contributor

Messages From Moderators

[ Edited ]

I have a request for posters. It appears that at times the moderators are answering specific questions about the new BB in the various forums. Not everyone may see them if they do not happen to check out the particular thread.

It would be very helpful to everyone if when a question is answered that the poster who received the response could start a new message about it (in  Community Chat or Q Talk perhaps). Tags would help too, but I think there are still many people who either do not know how to use them or do not prefer to use them.

Just a suggestion. What do you think? Would this be a help?

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Messages From Moderators

Sure I think that would help. I have found that I get more answers from them if I use the @  and add on Community_ Team or a specific moderator, when I post my question. Just like us, when someone uses that symbol before a nick, that person gets a notification, a pop up that says "so and so mentioned you in a post".

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@betteb wrote:

@Sure I think that would help. I have found that I get more answers from them if I use the @  and add on Community_ Team or a specific moderator, when I post my question. Just like us, when someone uses that symbol before a nick, that person gets a notification, a pop up that says "so and so mentioned you in a post".

@betteb, so this feature (@) has been working for you? Let me know if you received a notification...

Respected Contributor

it would also help if I could find a post to start with. These new boards are very confusing for me or anyone that isn't as computer savvy as most seem to be here.

Respected Contributor

great idea! 

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Esteemed Contributor

@Adelina wrote:

@betteb wrote:

@Sure I think that would help. I have found that I get more answers from them if I use the @  and add on Community_ Team or a specific moderator, when I post my question. Just like us, when someone uses that symbol before a nick, that person gets a notification, a pop up that says "so and so mentioned you in a post".

@betteb, so this feature (@) has been working for you? Let me know if you received a notification...

Well, I have to say no in this case, but I have gotten them when others have used it. I saw a post earlier saying that it only worked sometimes, so maybe one of those bugs they keep saying they are working on?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

it would also help if I could find a post to start with. These new boards are very confusing for me or anyone that isn't as computer savvy as most seem to be here.

At the top right of the page there is a search box. Enter your nic and use the drop down to choose "users". That will take you to your profile. You will see, in very small print, your current post count. Click on that, and it will bring up your current posting history.

Respected Contributor

thank you, I will try that. I liked when they had My Activity at the top so all I had to do was click on to that and reply to  posts I posted under or started.

Now I can't even find my posts and don't want anyone to think I am ignoring them by not answering so, thanks, will try your suggestion.

Esteemed Contributor

@betteb wrote:

@Adelina wrote:

@betteb wrote:

Well, I have to say no in this case, but I have gotten them when others have used it. I saw a post earlier saying that it only worked sometimes, so maybe one of those bugs they keep saying they are working on?

Here I found it. Marp posted this "@, when I posted that the @ was working it was after I had received a notification that someone had @-ed me on a post but it appears it is not working now. One of the threads mentioned that it worked for Q mods but not posters and they are supposed to be looking into it."

Trusted Contributor

@betteb wrote:

Here I found it. Marp posted this "@, when I posted that the @ was working it was after I had received a notification that someone had @-ed me on a post but it appears it is not working now. One of the threads mentioned that it worked for Q mods but not posters and they are supposed to be looking into it."

OK. Thanks betteb!