Super Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Just read a Washington Post article that was headlined something like:   "Married Men

Work Harder, Smarter, and Make More Money".

For some reason, It wouldn't let me link to the piece.  But it was pretty definitive, and goes along with the other "good news" research that shows that men who are married are also less violent in general, and therefore less of a threat to society.

Agree, or not?

_____

As far as married mem, being less violent, how to explain, the far too prevalent issue of domestic abuse? 

Violence, in either sex, is a very complicated issue, and I'd tend to doubt that marriage, is a huge factor.  

I can see how men supporting a family, or a greedy wife😈😈might feel driven to make more money😉🍸

Honored Contributor

I have a hard time agreeing with anything the WaPo reports.

Honored Contributor

Lucky charm, that's an interesting prediction.  Why do you think it wouldn't go over well here---  because of possible anti-marriage feeling? Or some other reason?   I'd love to hear more from people as to why they would doubt that marriage has a beneficial effect on men...

Honored Contributor

Oh, thanks Noel7, I wondered if it was something like that...

Honored Contributor

SUHse, that's another fascinating thing.  I've read that domestic abuse is less among married couples than it is among cohabiting couples.  So even in that horrible circumstance, it would appear that being married has a somewhat protective effect, compared to not being married...

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I have a hard time agreeing with anything the WaPo reports.

@ALRATIBA

The Washington Post didn't do the study, the merely reported it. 

Honored Contributor

Another load of, um, stuff.

Respected Contributor

I pay no attention to studies, polls, research, etc.  It's all subjective and bunk. 

Honored Contributor

Harvard has a compilation of similar studies on the subjection from a couple of decades which come to the same conclusion.

Esteemed Contributor

@makena wrote:

I pay no attention to studies, polls, research, etc.  It's all subjective and bunk. 

@makena, don't be so quick to discount research/studies.  Polls, yes.  Research/studies are the corner stone of medicine and saving lives.  Epidemology and more.  I want research/studies to continue in the areas of Cancer and other life threatening diseases.

*Call Tyrone*