Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

@willdob3

i'm talking about men who are perfect strangers and meeting for the first time hugging. not a strange question at all.

@ladyroxanne, you said nothing about "perfect strangers" in you opening post.

Although there may be a reason for two people who have never met to hug each other, I think that in general it is not very common.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I come from a Welsh family of huggers, including my stern father, his numerous male first cousins and then their sons.

I hug anyone who is huggy, but I wouldn't include absolute strangers.  Our immediate family of three are huggers with each other all the time, but my husband and daughter are both reserved with others.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Men Hugging Each Other

[ Edited ]

@ladyroxanne wrote:

yes i know mgm.  this is something new to me anyway.  it seems to be something that everyone is doing now.  just an oberservation.  they can hug til the cows come home for all i care.  women don't do that.

Oh, I disagree.  In my experience, women most definitely do hug each other!  I've seen it my entire life.   And men hugging each other is nothing new.