Respected Contributor

i have noticed lately that men not only shake hands, but they hug each other.  i have nothing against it, but when did this start?  it seems that all are doing it.  even women don't hug everyone they meet. 

is this a new fad? 

Esteemed Contributor

A new fad?  No.

Men hug one another and a hand shake at the same time.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor
They not only shake hands but pat butts as well.

Respected Contributor

yes i know mgm.  this is something new to me anyway.  it seems to be something that everyone is doing now.  just an oberservation.  they can hug til the cows come home for all i care.  women don't do that.

Honored Contributor

I've seen men hug each other all of my life and think nothing of it.  It's not new in my neck of the woods.

Think of the movie THE GODFATHER and that's an old movie.

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

yes i know mgm.  this is something new to me anyway.  it seems to be something that everyone is doing now.  just an oberservation.  they can hug til the cows come home for all i care.  women don't do that.

Women hug in my neck of the woods too.  They have as long as I can remember.

Esteemed Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

I find the opposite to be true where I live and when I travel, women are more inclined to hug another person in greeting. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

I've never even thought twice about it as almost all men I know hug each other in some degree or another and have ever since I can remember. Even at the gym I see the big burly men hug each other and think nothing of it.

Valued Contributor

Women hug.

Honored Contributor

I hug