Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
They not only shake hands but pat butts as well.

Okay I have to say I have NOT seen this in every day life except on the football field or basketball court. Yikes.

Respected Contributor

well then....it must be my overactive imagination.  it just seems to be more the norm now and it struck me that i don't remember all men hugging each other.  it's all good though.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@ladyroxanne wrote:

yes i know mgm.  this is something new to me anyway.  it seems to be something that everyone is doing now.  just an oberservation.  they can hug til the cows come home for all i care.  women don't do that.

Women hug in my neck of the woods too.  They have as long as I can remember.

yes, same here. Both men and women hug all the time. I never even thought that there may be places where they didn't. Hm, learn something knew every day!

Respected Contributor

@cherry

i hug too and kiss!

Esteemed Contributor
I watched a few minutes of Harry Reid's tribute today and loved seeing the hugs and kisses on the cheek. True affection is a wonderful thing between friends no matter the sex.
Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:

Okay I have to say I have NOT seen this in every day life except on the football field or basketball court. Yikes.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Well, yeah. No yikes about it. I see nothing untoward about it. That's just what some guys do.

Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Well, yeah. No yikes about it. I see nothing untoward about it. That's just what some guys do.

That is a bit too personal for my comfort zone even though I am a huge hugger. And I know my hubby, who does hug also, would not like people (men or women) patting his butt.  There must be some personal space and areas of off limits imo. 

Honored Contributor

They don't get as close as we do, but that's ok.

Honored Contributor

Outside of the USofA,  men kiss each other on both cheeks.  Been doing that for centuries.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

My husband and his group of close friends hug.   I hug my friends - not every day, but if I haven't seen them in a while