Respected Contributor

I loved my TG day, but it could have been perfect if I had @Kachina624 's snow. I had such dreamlike visions of that description, since snow is so rare in central TX.  

I had been asked to join family in Austin for TG, but I opted to stay home with my dog for a quite day.  I've been nursing a bad back, so I'm not the best company right now.  

My TG dinner (drumroll :-) was an omelet.  But I did have a nice glass of wine and splurged for a piece of pumpkin pie. I give thanks for occasional carb loading days.

I hope everyone who is traveling home does so safely, or if you're just out there fighting the hordes of rabid shopper's, watch yourself. It could get crazy.  

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624   Uh oh........storm finally hit.   50mph wind, and tornado warning in my area.   I 40 now closed from Kingman to Winslow........and it looks like it's headed toward YOU.    "Take cover" is right!   di 

@Desertdi.  So much for the Farmer's Almanac which predicted warmer and drier than normal.  It has been very cold here.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

No I didn't fix any good food or have the pleasure of having a ton of family around.  For possibly the first time in my life I experienced a snow storm on the holiday.  Our snows here usually consist of 2 -3" overnight and it's gone by noon.

It started about 7pm and snowed all night and into the morning until about noon.  I'd say there was about 7-8" in my neighborhood.  It was so pretty and my pups had such fun running and playing in it, then running inside to jump.in my lap soaking wet.  Such fun.

Another storm due tomorrow but, except for higher elevations,  it looks like rain so good-bye snow.

LOL my GD went to Albuquerque to visit her other grandparents and to escape the snow here.  There was more snow there than here!  Now she gets to deal with the airline travel experience today going through Denver.

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch.   Having lived over 30 years in Houston and Midland, makes me doubly appreciative of a snowy holiday.  I worked for years in a windowless 2-story building in Houston.  On the rare occasion when we got a little snow, we adults would spend the whole day running down the back stairs to peek out the back door.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Last night we had a hum dinger of a thunder storm and gully washer. Road closures here and there due to flooding.

Looking like another one of those years when the desert gets extra green and lush in the coming spring !

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl -

That's a nice way to think of itSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

I'm in North Central Phx and it's been pouring rain here all through the night and on the brink again now.  I'm running to bring the trash out as I recently had my right knee replaced and don't want to wait for another downpour.  Too easy to slip!!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 Kudos to you for hanging in Houston for any length of time. Lovely people, but terrible environment.  SO humid. I mean really bad hair days, and Mother Nature sure throws some wrath with flooding issues. Although it seems to have been getting gradually worse over the years, not unlike other weather extremes.  I'm in the medium insult area of SA.