Esteemed Contributor

Where have you gone or plan to shop today? Last night?

This morning I went to my usual BF Home Depot sale for a few Needs and their beautiful $.99 pointsettias. Also went to the local famiy owned meat market for 20% off gift cards when paying cash. While I do not shop there often I  like that I can make my own sale whenever and on whatever I want. No expiration date on the GCs.

Not really planning to go anywhere else today. Lots to do around home.

Honored Contributor

Re: Black Friday B&M shopping?

I will venture to the mailbox at the end of the driveway.  Am expecting UPS delivery of a new office chair today.

Honored Contributor

I had just one item I wanted to shop for today and that was a new color printer.....for me.  Shopped on line.  The price today is $100 less that it has been since I've been watching for a sale.  I'm a happy camper! I'm done!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My family went out after Thanksgiving shopping.  It was cold out, but fun.  Well, at least for the kids and me.  My husband took it like a champ, though.

Honored Contributor

Might not make it today except to a supermarket, but I'm still a brick and mortar shopping for many things (clothes and shoes, for certain), so tomorrow on Small Business Day, I'll run a few errands locally.    I'm not chasing bargains so much as  buying identified needs.  That's what I've been doing throughout 2019 and have saved nicely doing that.

Just sent a text to one of the contractor/workers I will be using to do some condo updating in the months head, so that "savings" will disappear in no time.

Honored Contributor

I went to Target, two different Target stores,  Talbots, J Jill, Pottery Barn and then tried to shop at a local gift shop that is doing 40% off the entire store, but it was a madhouse. I got in the store, to the middle and my claustrophobia kicked in and I got myself out of there. 

Bunch of online shopping though. Amazon, Best Buy and Apple. Oh, and a few small inexpensive things from eBay. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I ordered two gifts from Nordstrom yesterday.  Their black Friday sale had already started.  Everything I bought yesterday is the same price today.  That's all I'm doing.  I thought I might go to Wild Birds Unlimited for their sale, but I don't seem to be doing much about getting there.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I placed my order for the Amazon Echo Dot clock that is on sale. It will be on my nightstand and I can get rid of the clunky clock radio that is a holdover from working full time. It doesn't keep time well so I use my phone when  I need an alarm.

I will be happy to tell Alexa when to wake me up!

Esteemed Contributor

I went to Target about 9:00 today and it looked like a normal Weekend day. No crowds, easy parking. I ordered something online and went to pick it up. Then I went to the grocery store and was chatting with the cashier who said she went to Target Thursday night and she said there were lines around the building and it was packed. 

Honored Contributor

I ordered my Anniversary gift which isn't till Jan. but, wanted a Brighton ruby cuff ordered it thru the store and saved on shp.

while there it's a pricey boutique place they had sent me a 25% card (not good on Brighton) off on rest of the store. Found this real pretty tall acrylic detailed pitcher and it was marked 10.00 and each glass was 10, too. So, I thought I'll just take the pitcher, go up to present my coupon and pay for and the woman says 35.62 I go "what? it's marked

10.00". She gulps and says "my staff doesn't mark nothing right" she wasn't happy, but, law was on my side. So, I got it for 8.12 !

Black Friday deal for me !