Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I have to watch my sugar ,and I haven't smoked since my 20's, but I am sure if I need it, I will figure out something

Well, here's hoping you don't need it!  Smiley Happy Heart

Honored Contributor

Life is strange ,and you never know what is right around the corner ,for good ,or for ill, I never rule out anything

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@chickenbutt

Always very good to see you.

So happy you can get some help from something!

PTSD + pain is a big bear I know well, hope he gives you more breaks along the way.  Heart

Hey!  It's nice to see YOU!  Smiley Happy

You know what else is fun about this new age of buying weed as an old person?    They give you a senior citizen discount!   Is that a trip or what?  Smiley Very Happy   

I hope you are doing well.  Sending you positive thoughts and good vibes.  Watch out, cuz I'm good at sending vibes!  Smiley Happy Heart

Forgot to say - The only weird thing is that the senior citizen discount is for if you are 50 or over.  What the heck?  I'm 13 years over senior citizen now?    I think it's cute.  

@chickenbutt  Reading your posts on this thread is really giving me a chuckle.  It's commendable that you still have such a great sense of humor after all your hardships.  BTW.......what day/time and store did you say you'd be going to with cash to buy the weed?  Cat Surprised

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@chickenbutt  Reading your posts on this thread is really giving me a chuckle.  It's commendable that you still have such a great sense of humor after all your hardships.  BTW.......what day/time and store did you say you'd be going to with cash to buy the weed?  Cat Surprised

Thank You!  Smiley Happy  and, you are a very bad girl! Smiley Tongue

People like me, who are profoundly damaged, are often good at keeping it at bay.  To the rest, I often seem just fine.  PLUS, one joy of life for me is being able to give somebody else a smile, or make them just laugh out loud!  It's like a little 5 minute drug that makes ya feel really great.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Medical Marijuana...

[ Edited ]

@nana59  I am sorry you are in so much pain.  There is a video called The Sacred Plant that will explain why medical cannabis is a viable alternative to treatments that are currently offered.  It will also discuss why Marinol (the synthetic prescriptive marijuana is to be avoided).  The first 6 series of this docuseries was shown a couple of months ago.  You can sign up to watch for free the second part of this docuseries on June 6th.  Also on Facebook there is a preview of The Sacred Plant part 2 series that contains a lot of critical information.  Education is vital and, if you are suffering, definitely worthwhile to consider a whole plant based medical alternative.  Here is a bit of what I wrote when this subject was discussed in the forum earlier.  My best to you.

There is a lot to know and it is important to do the research.  The efficacy of the CBD is critical....it can be helpful or a waste of money.  CBD comes from two different sources...hemp or marijuana.  It is not about getting high, it has become a well-researched source of pain relief that is helping the critically ill and those with unacceptable pain without side effects.  However, this has created a Green Rush where everyone is out to make a buck to sell CBD and you have be a wise consumer.  Start here online: Project CBD...Beginner's Guide.   I posted an amazing docuseries that went into every aspect of CBD.  it was free but now costs money. Two  books you might want to purchase:  Gateway to Health and Cannibis Effect by Bonnie Goldstein (both on Amazon).   Bonnie Goldstein is a well respected MD (Harvard) who has been in the field for years.  Whole plant medical grade CBD is working miracles...she works a lot with children reversing epilepsy and providing pain relief to children suffering with critical disease.  (Unfortunately she is no longer taking new patients.)  It is important to have a clear understanding of how the delivery methods differ.  You want to know your source and you want medical grade if possible. (Research the "entourage effect")  It is critical that what you purchase has been tested.  Always suggested to start low and go slow as far as dosage is concerned.  If you have dispensaries in your state: you can visit and get some knowledge.  However, I would arm yourself with your own research so you know the questions to ask.  The information is easily available, you just have to put in the time.  There is too much to know to be answered in a forum post. I am not offering medical advice, only common sense.   I wish your husband the best possible pain relief.  Hopefully the stigma of "sitting around and getting high" will dissipate as the population becomes more educated.

Interesting fact:  Doctors have been using cannabis to counter the effects of chemotherapy for some time.  Medical research couldn't deny the benefits and captured the THC in a pill for chemo patients. 

Honored Contributor
IMO smoking or vaping anything is not ideal for the lungs. My understanding is that the pill form is most effective for pain control but that is based on stuff that I read several years ago. I don’t know what the latest info is.

I’m very uneasy about the research on mushrooms. I admit I am biased. Decades ago the army experimented with LSD on Vietnam vets with PTSD and it was a disaster for my husband. Not a fan of anything that causes hallucinations.
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox:  Its not that expensive (and less so for medical vs recreational but it's approx $300 yearly for card).  DH had severe RA  and spends about $40 weekly on colas, vap, shatter and gets a free gram of grass each time he purchases.  He never drives after using it (I do the driving).  He considers it a Godsend; gives pain relief and helps him sleep.  He is 67 and admits the first couple of times at dispensary were weird (he indulged as a college student in 70s).  In our experience the mix of customers is 1/3 senior citizens and some other chronically ill clients (cancer); rest are young (PSD and then "excuses").  Our state only allows medical but once we went to Nevada to buy (huge waiting room with people from all over the country).

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@I am still oxox:  Its not that expensive (and less so for medical vs recreational but it's approx $300 yearly for card).  DH had severe RA  and spends about $40 weekly on colas, vap, shatter and gets a free gram of grass each time he purchases.  He never drives after using it (I do the driving).  He considers it a Godsend; gives pain relief and helps him sleep.  He is 67 and admits the first couple of times at dispensary were weird (he indulged as a college student in 70s).  In our experience the mix of customers is 1/3 senior citizens and some other chronically ill clients (cancer); rest are young (PSD and then "excuses").  Our state only allows medical but once we went to Nevada to buy (huge waiting room with people from all over the country).

Two things  -

1)  I'm not sure I understand the card thing.  Do you mean that you ahve to pay about $300 a year JUST for the card?   ouch!!

2)  I don't know if you go to S NV or N NV, but up here in N NV I can tell you where I go.  While they do a great business, I make a point of going on like mid-week days, in mid/late morning and most of the time I'm the only one there, or there might be one or two others already inside.

Plus, the places have been open since last July, so I guess there isn't the huge rush for everybody to get in line (like a new Krispy Kreme or something, right? Smiley Happy ).    I didn't even go for the first time until Dec 7 because I don't like crowds.   That day I was the only person there who wasn't working there.  Great bunch of people there, too!  They are super helpful and know what they're talking about.

Respected Contributor

I can attest that the vape method has far less odor than smoking a joint and it is just a cleaner easier way.  I don't have major nerve issues but the vape is low-key enough to relieve occasional anxiety with no after affects, no munchies.  I made butter with MJ infused in it and it was an excellent delivery method.  Spread a little on toast or a muffin, easy peasy, except the butter had that slight skunkiness so I never made it again.  For my birthday, a relative gave me a cute leaf shaped pan with a boxed brownie mix and a small vial of MJ tincture or oil that I'm saving for another day.  It would throw my Weight Watchers points off.  I'll bake them to celebrate a weight loss milestone later on. 

My experiences at pot shops are similar to CB's.  Very knowledgeable people, willing to spend time listening and making recommendations.  

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

One of the important things to know is that medical marijuana is NOT smoked. It also does NOT make you high. Do your research before purchasing it in your state regarding how the law treats it.

In my state, recreational marijuana is not legal but MEDICAL is. Since it can't make you high, you don't have the same responses or issues with it. If you're caught high or carrying marijuana with you and you're pulled over/searched at work, you can NOT claim it's for medical purposes. Again, there will always be those who ride on the coat tails of others claiming they "need" it when they don't. That's why those who NEED opiates are having a hell of time getting them.....

To those who need pain meds and are finding nothing helps, I hope this does and you find relief, if at least partial. It's a horrible way to live.

@SahmIam,

Medical MJ can indeed be smoked. A friend has severe arthritis and cannot take pain meds. He has a Med MJ card and gets his weed in cigarette form from a dispensary. It doesn't HAVE to be smoked but it can be. It can also be vaped.

Whether it makes you high or not depends on the THC vs CBD components. 

@Ms tyrion2  That's good to know. My sons' neurologist is the one writing the Rx's for him. Neither he nor his local doc will write for anything OTHER than edibles. In my state, only edibles are allowed. Like I said, there will be those who claim what they're smoking is medical when it isn't nor do they have a script for it. That just hurts those who do. 

Thanks for the info. : )