Esteemed Contributor

Filling out paperwork for a medical marijuana card for treatment of severe chronic arthritis pain....been suffering with this pain since 2002.....many rheumatologists and medications....no results....my PC physician is willing to complete paperwork....has anyone had good results with this treatment....i'm at my wits end......thank you.....

Honored Contributor

@nana59 Doing so for my son for his nerve disease. We have to be really careful due to the meds he takes. We know 3 Vets who suffer from nerve disease due to injuries they suffered during the wars and all 3 swear by it. THe bad news was they had to travel across state lines to get it and risk driving back. The good news is we now have a Dispensing Pharmacy in our community so driving out of state won't be necessary. Currently, he has an Rx for the only medical marijuana (in compressed pill form) that our local pharmacy will dispense (been around for a long time). So far, nothing. We've been told the strength can be adjust via the gummies/lollipops vs the pills so...we'll see.

Honored Contributor

I have heard it is very very expensive

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Where I am it is legal for both medical and recreational, so the good thing is that you don't have to go to a doc and/or get any kind of 'card' beyond your regular driver's license or state ID.

I think it helps me in a few ways - some with pain.  I don't think it actually removes the pain, however.  In my experience, I feel like it kind of puts me on a different plane from the pain receptors in the brain.   I don't know if that makes sense, but it does help me that way.

Also, one thing that I notice is that it helps me with my PTSD and clinical depression.  Just like with the pain, it doesn't 'fix' anything but it makes you feel a lot better despite it just like it does for the PTSD/depression.  

Oh, and it helps some with sleep.  I have severe sleep problems and always have, due to childhood horrors.   Even if I smoke a little during the day I sleep better at night.  'Better' for me isn't like normal people, but it's definitely better and makes it easier for me to breathe and get through the next day.  Unfortunately, last night was a very bad night for me.  I might have slept for a total of 2 hours in several increments, so I feel like garbage.  I hadn't smoked any weed yesterday, as I make a point to not use it every day and I DEFINITELY would never use it when I need to leave my house.  

HTH some  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't drink ,or use drugs, but if I need to use this, for pain, at some point in my life, I will

Good luck to you @chickenbutt  I hope it helps you..let us know

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59, I have never tried it, its not legal in my state.

@Moonchilde, who has not posted in a very long time, posted quite a bit of good info on it on the wellness board. I think there are two different threads on there. They would be from quite a ways back.

Good luck to you.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I don't drink ,or use drugs, but if I need to use this, for pain, at some point in my life, I will

Good luck to you @chickenbutt  I hope it helps you..let us know

Hey Darlin!   I first went to the weed store this last December.  It was odd, buying weed, at first.   Admittedly I used it in the 70s, 80s, and maybe a little into the 90s.  But that was just about having fun I guess you could say.  Smiley Wink

Now, at over 60, it was a bizarre experience but I have such a myriad of problems that I really was compelled to give it a go for a whole different experience.  Anyway, I feel like it helps because it does make me feel better and, just if I used during the afternoon, I will sleep a good amount (for me) - often 5-6 hours during the night.   I don't use at night, however, as I don't really want to get high at night and then go to bed.   Not sure why - just weird.  But doing it earlier in the day sets me up to sleep better and more.  Smiley Happy

As for my PTSD and depression, it makes a heckuva difference!  I've been struggling with that quite a bit lately and this has made all the difference.

Now, you CAN buy weed that doesn't have the THC in it, or very little - not sure but definitely a big dif.  But, IMO, and if I'm going to pay all that money, I would like a little buzz to go along with it.  I smoke very little and don't get wasted or anything - probably 2-3 hits will give me 2-3 hours of just feeling much better, not depressed, not angry, and those voices from my childhood that often dictate how I feel are not there.  That - priceless!!  Smiley Very Happy

Anyhoo, hope this finds you well my dear Cherry!  Thank You for being you.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have heard it is very very expensive

bet it's not as expensive as the drug Stelara....ten grand an injection....multiple injections needed....insurance wouldn't cover it.....oh yeah, they would put me on a payment plan.......ummmm...no thanks......

Honored Contributor

God Bless my dear, and may you find yourself in better shape ,than you have been in your life 

I admire you so much, for all of your courage, and being a survivor

I am always so glad to see you post, for I know you are a bit OK. I wish moonchilde and noel were still here

I consider you all my friends, and I truly care about you

Honored Contributor

One of the important things to know is that medical marijuana is NOT smoked. It also does NOT make you high. Do your research before purchasing it in your state regarding how the law treats it.

In my state, recreational marijuana is not legal but MEDICAL is. Since it can't make you high, you don't have the same responses or issues with it. If you're caught high or carrying marijuana with you and you're pulled over/searched at work, you can NOT claim it's for medical purposes. Again, there will always be those who ride on the coat tails of others claiming they "need" it when they don't. That's why those who NEED opiates are having a hell of time getting them.....

To those who need pain meds and are finding nothing helps, I hope this does and you find relief, if at least partial. It's a horrible way to live.