Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,916
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Thank you @chickenbutt. His accident happened 5 years ago and he is now back to work full time. He does not vape during the work day. He's on an after work/nightly schedule so it doesn't interfere with his driving. I was astonished when he showed me the set-up and admit, I tried it. No smoke, no smell, no ash, nothing. But what a euphoric feeling that lasted about 3 hours. I told him I could get used it it- so much better than drinking a few glasses of wine (and no calories or headache after!).

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,398
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@bathina wrote:

Thank you @chickenbutt. His accident happened 5 years ago and he is now back to work full time. He does not vape during the work day. He's on an after work/nightly schedule so it doesn't interfere with his driving. I was astonished when he showed me the set-up and admit, I tried it. No smoke, no smell, no ash, nothing. But what a euphoric feeling that lasted about 3 hours. I told him I could get used it it- so much better than drinking a few glasses of wine (and no calories or headache after!).


 

Oh my, that is great info!   Guess I'm going to have to head to the weed store some time soon and give that a try.

 

What I also like with this new 'totally legal' thing is that the places that sell it are staffed with not only really knowledgeable people, but they are very nice and kind.  It's not like a thing where if you don't have a med card they look down on you.  They treat everybody well and are very helpful.

 

It's not only a wonderful environment, but it is very sophisticated and safe.  They always have at least one security guy outside.   That gives me great comfort because they only take cash, so I show up with a bunch of cash and I'm leaving with some weed.  So, being the thinker I am, I could totally see either getting rolled for the money going in, or for the weed leaving.  I'm pretty defenseless so probably any 10 year girl could beat the carp out of me.  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,916
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

@chickenbutt wrote:

@bathina wrote:

Thank you @chickenbutt. His accident happened 5 years ago and he is now back to work full time. He does not vape during the work day. He's on an after work/nightly schedule so it doesn't interfere with his driving. I was astonished when he showed me the set-up and admit, I tried it. No smoke, no smell, no ash, nothing. But what a euphoric feeling that lasted about 3 hours. I told him I could get used it it- so much better than drinking a few glasses of wine (and no calories or headache after!).


 

Oh my, that is great info!   Guess I'm going to have to head to the weed store some time soon and give that a try.

 

What I also like with this new 'totally legal' thing is that the places that sell it are staffed with not only really knowledgeable people, but they are very nice and kind.  It's not like a thing where if you don't have a med card they look down on you.  They treat everybody well and are very helpful.

 

It's not only a wonderful environment, but it is very sophisticated and safe.  They always have at least one security guy outside.   That gives me great comfort because they only take cash, so I show up with a bunch of cash and I'm leaving with some weed.  So, being the thinker I am, I could totally see either getting rolled for the money going in, or for the weed leaving.  I'm pretty defenseless so probably any 10 year girl could beat the carp out of me.  Smiley Very Happy


Please let us know if you decide to give it a try. I would love to hear what you think. After we left my brother's house on Mother's Day, I remarked to my husband that technology has enveloped everything. People don't even smoke joints anymore Smiley Wink. Best of luck to you. Sending you wishes for decreased pain and increased comfort. xo

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,398
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@bathina wrote:


Please let us know if you decide to give it a try. I would love to hear what you think. After we left my brother's house on Mother's Day, I remarked to my husband that technology has enveloped everything. People don't even smoke joints anymore Smiley Wink. Best of luck to you. Sending you wishes for decreased pain and increased comfort. xo


 

K.   Smiley Happy  I wrote it down, cuz I cannot remember stuff anymore.  I'm torn because I was just there at the beginning of the Month and dropped some bucks.   But now I'm really intrigued.

 

I haven't smoked joints at this time, either.  When I first purchased legal weed, I was trying to think what to do and figured that probably smoking paper, in addition, didn't sound like a good idea.   I got a little bowl and that's worked well, since it's just me.   But the whole thing has to be so clandestine, and uncomfortable because I want to keep it away from the dog and bird.  I have been doing it in my bathroom, behind two doors from them and at the complete back of my house.  I would never expose them to it.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,813
Registered: ‎07-09-2011

@chickenbutt

 

Always very good to see you.

 

So happy you can get some help from something!

 

PTSD + pain is a big bear I know well, hope he gives you more breaks along the way.  Heart

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,398
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Medical Marijuana...

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@chickenbutt

 

Always very good to see you.

 

So happy you can get some help from something!

 

PTSD + pain is a big bear I know well, hope he gives you more breaks along the way.  Heart


 

Hey!  It's nice to see YOU!  Smiley Happy

 

You know what else is fun about this new age of buying weed as an old person?    They give you a senior citizen discount!   Is that a trip or what?  Smiley Very Happy   

 

I hope you are doing well.  Sending you positive thoughts and good vibes.  Watch out, cuz I'm good at sending vibes!  Smiley Happy Heart

 

Forgot to say - The only weird thing is that the senior citizen discount is for if you are 50 or over.  What the heck?  I'm 13 years over senior citizen now?    I think it's cute.  

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,910
Registered: ‎05-08-2017

@SahmIam wrote:

One of the important things to know is that medical marijuana is NOT smoked. It also does NOT make you high. Do your research before purchasing it in your state regarding how the law treats it.

 

In my state, recreational marijuana is not legal but MEDICAL is. Since it can't make you high, you don't have the same responses or issues with it. If you're caught high or carrying marijuana with you and you're pulled over/searched at work, you can NOT claim it's for medical purposes. Again, there will always be those who ride on the coat tails of others claiming they "need" it when they don't. That's why those who NEED opiates are having a hell of time getting them.....

 

To those who need pain meds and are finding nothing helps, I hope this does and you find relief, if at least partial. It's a horrible way to live.


 

 

@SahmIam,

Medical MJ can indeed be smoked. A friend has severe arthritis and cannot take pain meds. He has a Med MJ card and gets his weed in cigarette form from a dispensary. It doesn't HAVE to be smoked but it can be. It can also be vaped.

 

Whether it makes you high or not depends on the THC vs CBD components. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,739
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I hope it comes in a patch. I don't know if I would be able to inhale it very well

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,398
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Medical Marijuana...

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

I hope it comes in a patch. I don't know if I would be able to inhale it very well


 

Well, there are always the edibles.  I don't know if you do sugar or not but I've heard of stuff like gummy bears and chocolate was mentioned here.

 

The old days - you baked some brownies and put it in there.  They were a little crunchy inside but still ok.  heh Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,739
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I have to watch my sugar ,and I haven't smoked since my 20's, but I am sure if I need it, I will figure out something