Honored Contributor

giphy2.gif

That makes me mad !

Honored Contributor

ShopRites in Delaware have gone to 100% self-checkout.   There is often have a state trooper stationed at the front end, presumably to watch for thieves.  I understand a common tactic is to "forget" to scan large items in the bottom of the cart and to push the cart out without paying for them.

Delaware has a plastic bag ban, and ShopRite doesn't supply free paper bags, so you have to BYOB.  I wonder if people would be allowed to fill up a cart like this lady did without bagging.  (Not that bagging would prevent stealing, but a watcher could be reasonably assured an item was paid for if he/she saw it being scanned and placed in a bag.)

I have also wondered who pays the salary of the state troopers at ShopRite. Taxpayers? Or the store itself?

Honored Contributor

at my walmart there is somebody at the exit checking receipts

people don't understand when they steal like this and it goes on for a long time that store will just close up, therefore, we all lose because of the actions of some.  We end up paying for the shoplifters

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

Honest customers will be paying the bill for this one.

Anyway, a soft on crime DA will just let her loose if she is caught.

@Snoopp  Where did this happen?

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

How did they come to that figure?  The person is on a scooter.  A one year old could have caught up with her. 

Here in my area, if your purchases aren't bagged, you have to show a receipt. Where were the Greeters?

Is it cold in that area or was that a disguise?

It pays to cover your nose properly with the mask. This will be her takedown.

@Sage04 

Greeters?  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

How did they come to that figure?  The person is on a scooter.  A one year old could have caught up with her. 

Here in my area, if your purchases aren't bagged, you have to show a receipt. Where were the Greeters?

Is it cold in that area or was that a disguise?

It pays to cover your nose properly with the mask. This will be her takedown.

@Sage04 

Greeters?  

@Tinkrbl44   There are no greeters in my store. Not sure if they greet you coming in or what. We also have no scooters. You would need to bring your own. And if you do something wrong in the self checkout, you will be reprimanded. 

Valued Contributor

to the op: I thought you were going to show a picture of a dog with a ham in his mouth...lol!

Honored Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

to the op: I thought you were going to show a picture of a dog with a ham in his mouth...lol!

@PuppyLoverBob666 : I had the same thoughts.😁

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

@SouthernBee   @PuppyLoverBob666 

So did I !!!  LOL   Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SouthernBee wrote:

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

@SouthernBee   @PuppyLoverBob666 

So did I !!!  LOL   Cat LOL

@Tinkrbl44 : I am so upset and disappointed that I didn't get to see a sweet innocent puppy or dog with a whole piece of meat .🥲🥲🥲