Respected Contributor

With all the looting going on unpunished, what's a little meat?  At least nobody was hurt  Just kidding, I think it's disgusting how people think and know they can get away with committing any crime these days.  I really believe the only people who are happy about still wearing masks are these thugs!!!  What happened to honesty.  

Valued Contributor

I literally have a big ole "tummy cramp"  from *LAUGHING*.... at the way y'all started this thread!... WHATTA  HOOT!!!    y'all are!!

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Super Contributor
Looks like a worker ( cashier) is looking at her and wondering what’s going on… why wasn’t she followed out to the parking lot….if she is in a scooter she most likely isn’t very mobile…
Trusted Contributor

@BoopOMatic wrote:

Meat thief on the loose.

A lady in SC stole $1,500 worth of meat from a grocery - they have a photo of her so will probably be able to apprehend her soon. She was in one of those motorized carts; I guess that's how she was able to stash all that meat!

Although - come to think of it - $1,500 worth of meat probably wouldn't take up that much space nowadays!  Smiley Tongue

If this happened in Cali, no one would stop her as she wouldn't be prosecuted for theft so why waste their time.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@software wrote:

I saw the picture.   Her little basket on the scooter was full to the brim.  

This is the way I look at it.   I do hate a thief but if you can't stop someone on a scooter from stealing,  you deserve it.   I'm not going to help you find her.    Good grief.

@software  ITA!  Not one store employee saw this woman riding out the store w/a basket full of meat?  Did they think she forgot her bags?

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at Wed, Jun 22, 2022-12.07.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-06-22 at Wed, Jun 22, 2022-12.07.36 PM.png

She looks like she may be hiding some food under her coat. I doubt she needed that scooter.🙁

Trusted Contributor

You don't have to have meat to live. I suggest a vegetarian diet. Of course, then she would steal the vegetables..........

Honored Contributor

wonder how that turned out? anybody have update ?

Trusted Contributor

@BoopOMatic wrote:

You don't have to have meat to live. I suggest a vegetarian diet. Of course, then she would steal the vegetables..........

What a nasty remark.

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

In our area, we have Sam's Club and BJ's that you pay a membership for a year to buy in bulk.

If we go to the store and pay for the items, load them in the cart and go to the exit door, there is always someone standing there to check your receipt.  Neither DH nor I have a problem with that.

@HisElk1 Costco does the same thing.

Respected Contributor

Yes all three warehouse club state, in almost the same verbiage, that it's a condition one agrees to for membership. They also state a member agrees prior to entering the store they might have to summit to packages, backpacks, briefcases, etc. being searched.