Honored Contributor

She don't look like she's going hungry.

Valued Contributor

"Meat Thief". For whatever reason, this story is cracking me up.  I mean, I guess she wouldn't be too hard to pick out in a lineup.  She better not go back to that store.  Here comes the Meat Thief!  

Honored Contributor

Did she drive away in the motorized scooter, stealing it along with the meat?

Esteemed Contributor

If anyone tried to stop her, she might have run them over with the scooter. Then sued them for something or other and go on TikTok calling that person "racist." 

That's how things work now. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

Lol, looks like she may have been taking some orders on her phone, or alerting her get-away driver.

She also knew she was being observed, looking right at the person taking her pic. Talk about bold and entitled.

I hope they find her and throw the book at her. No excuses for this behavior. You can bet it hasn't been the first time either, since she was far too comfortable. 

Esteemed Contributor

Honest customers will be paying the bill for this one.

Anyway, a soft on crime DA will just let her loose if she is caught.

Respected Contributor

I hope she is caught and pays the price for it; however, doubt it'll happen.

And how do we really know she really needs the scooter to get around?  I see them in stores but never tried to use one so I'm not sure if you need some type of card, etc. to show you need to use it.  It could all be a ruse.  Just saying.

Respected Contributor

@HisElk1 She could have several health issues attributed to her morbid obesity, beyond just her challenged mobility. 

I'd say, seven times out of ten, of those who use the scooter carts at my local grocery store are doing so because of weight issues.

Some of the stores are huge and taxing to walk through with health issues. In her case, it could be part of a well planned scam, too, playing the disabled card defense, if caught, but she probably needs it, too.

She's working her way toward My 600lb Life. I can understand why she was stealing so much food. With a food addiction, that food in her cart was gold. Well worth the risks for her. 

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

How did they come to that figure?  The person is on a scooter.  A one year old could have caught up with her. 

Here in my area, if your purchases aren't bagged, you have to show a receipt. Where were the Greeters?

Is it cold in that area or was that a disguise?

It pays to cover your nose properly with the mask. This will be her takedown.

@Sage04  My state "recently" enforced the no plastic or paper bag law. 

A few days ago I went to the supermarket to pick up a few items.  In the p/l I saw a lot of folks w/their carts loaded up to the brim w/no bags in sight.  I did see a few folks packing their groceries from the trunk of their car where they left their bags.

When I went inside there were no "greeters."  The self checkout were folks w/their carts loaded - no bags.  The self check out section is right next to the exit & entrance doors.

I suspect the woman in the article more than likely just breezed through "self checkout" & right out the door.

@Linda0215  "She better not go back to that store."

She's probably a "professional."  They do not live in the same town/city/state that they hit.   And, rarely would they hit the same store twice.  It would be a different person if part of an organized thief group/gang.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Speaking of meat thievery...

After work the other night, I made a quick stop at the grocery store to pick up 2 or 3 items & went over to the self checkout to ring them up.

Imagine my surprise when the bill totaled over $120!

I called over the young boy who was supervising, and he nonchalantly said 'Oh, that happens at night sometimes, and the bill is usually for expensive meat that they don't pay for.'

He then pointed to the screen and said 'See? There's a roast for $94.'

The kid explained that the way people get away w/out paying, is that they ring the stuff up, bag it, then walk out, leaving the transaction incomplete.

And no one stops them.

Muddling through...