Honored Contributor

Re: Me scared 😳

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee wrote:

Ok y'all. I confess that I scare easy. Earlier today heard a sound and thought it was a bird out side. The sound has continued during the day. DH went outside and looked around. Some times it sounds behind the entertainment center or near my corner. My recliner is on side of the entertainment center. Sound is on and off but more frequent. Earlier  - thought could this be a frog outside? In my corner have pulled all furniture away from the wall and can't see or find anything. What if it is something in the wall?🤷‍♀️😳 Plus the thunderstorms have returned. I will probably sleep with all the lights on in the den. 

@SouthernBee   

Huh ...  I guess that means you don't have a dog or cat?   

If not, consider inviting a friend with a dog over and invite the dog, too.     Let the dog wander around and sniff and see what happens.

While my indoor cat Bogey isn't really what you'd call a top notch hunter, last week a small spider actually  DARED to sneak in from the patio, and Bogey refused to allow him access.  That spider couldn't get back outside fast enough!   Woman Surprised

Go Bogey!  Cat Very Happy    LOL

Super Contributor
Hi I just wanted to let you know that several kinds of animals including cats somehow get caught. I would worry about if they are starving and need help? I am a total animal lover, ever squirrels that most don't like. But i would get it checked and see if their is an animal in distress in there. Just my two cents worth. Glad your shingles are getting better my poor mom had them three different times....Stay well and take care/..
Esteemed Contributor

@SouthernBee 

Might consider investing in a custom made set of ear plugs, contoured to fit very well just inside your ear. 

Scared people prefer lights on, but. That allows the boogeyman to find you easier than in the dark. 

You outta hear the sounds in our patio room at night, where I sleep in my recliner. Not insulated like our house, and with all glass doors and 2 windows where doors could not be placed. All kinds of animals visit us 24 hours, including the nocturnal. No fear here with my wife or myself.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Yeah, something got in wall, no doubt.  Exterminator can probably help.

Respected Contributor

I also vote for a cricket.

They make a high pitched chirping sound with thier wings and it can be maddening at night...but they do it in the daytime too..

I live in the country so not worried about a little cricket....they are harmless to people and pets...

My cats usually catch and EAT them!!! All I find are the long hind legs!!!

Try to find it when it's chirping and put it outside. They don't bite or sting so you can catch it in your cupped hands....

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

Are you still hearing the noise?  I wonder what it could be?

Trusted Contributor

Sometimes when electronics run low on a battery a chirping sound is heard, maybe thats all it is?  It chirps til you replace the battery...All to familiar here.  

Trusted Contributor

@SouthernBee 

… And that thing that you're hearing is only the sound of
The low spark of high-heeled boys.

-Traffic-

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Yeah I don't do heights and I'm pretty good at finding folk who do all kinds of stuff I don't need to be out in the sun. Hired a lawn care outfit to come in bi-weekly to mow and trim.  Had 2 precancerous actinic keratoses froze off nose, one basal cell cut out side of face, one spot on back was gotten rid of by Mohr's surgery back in Dec.

some little seborheic keratoses froze off  of arm, on and on. I'm wearing a sun mask in car and people will just think I'm scared of Covid. LOL Wear pricey sunscreen underneath the mask.

gonna buy a burqua next.   LOL

@SharkE : Sorry that you are dealing with so much. Yesterday afternoon and early morning had several hours of severe thunderstorms and winds gusting to 55 miles. Our back yard fence is still standing but the previous gap from a tree limb is bigger. Take care.

Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

I would call a plumber.  Maybe the pipes have a leak and that is the noise that you are hearing.

My friend's DH is a master plumber and will ask him on Monday. Thank you.