Respected Contributor

@just bee Thank you for posting the photo. I agree that Ruidoso is by far my favorite place in New Mexico. Many Texans vacation there every week. A good number of people from Texas have second homes there. The summers are beautiful which is when most of us are there. 

For five years we lived full-time on McBride Dr. Our son attended the elementary and the middle school. We have lived a lot of places and owned different homes. That house was by far my favorite. We still do not know if it survived. We are waiting to go up until the locals and the people impacted by the fire can get their thoughts together and start moving toward recovery.

Honored Contributor

Re: McBride Fire 2022

[ Edited ]

@On It wrote:

@just bee Thank you for posting the photo. I agree that Ruidoso is by far my favorite place in New Mexico. Many Texans vacation there every week. A good number of people from Texas have second homes there. The summers are beautiful which is when most of us are there. 

For five years we lived full-time on McBride Dr. Our son attended the elementary and the middle school. We have lived a lot of places and owned different homes. That house was by far my favorite. We still do not know if it survived. We are waiting to go up until the locals and the people impacted by the fire can get their thoughts together and start moving toward recovery.

@On It 

Our house in Albuquerque burned in 2019 when Better-half's truck exploded in the garage.

Didn't see that one coming.

It's difficult to lose so many of the things we've collected over the years, but I always have to think how much worse it would have been if the truck had exploded at night while we were sleeping.  Or if it had exploded while the three of us -- Better-half, our dog and myself -- were sitting in it.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~