Honored Contributor

Re: Maybe this Pandemic will wake us up to some things that need to change

[ Edited ]

I've been meaning to recommend a powerful documentary, "FRONTLINE: In the Age of AI" (Season 2019 Episode 17 | 1h 54m 16s | aired 11/05/19).   I'm going to watch it again, maybe again after that.   It's brimming with information, not an "easy" or relaxing viewing experience, but in my opinion it's real and practical knowledge we need to have moving forward and directly related to the topic of this thread.   I know this sounds like "Captain Obvious," but this is far more complex than some of us realize or could imagine.

"From fears about work and privacy to a rivalry between the U.S. and China, FRONTLINE explores the promise and perils of AI.   The documentary traces a new industrial revolution that will reshape and disrupt our lives, our jobs and our world, and allow the emergence of the surveillance society."

please copy and paste link:

pbs.org/video/in-the-age-of-ai-zwfwzb/

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova