Esteemed Contributor

Why did I have to change my name here?

I had to change my nickname here, not sure why but I couldn't proceed till I did so I used to be digo now I am godi. 
Have a safe day everyone. 🙏😷❤️🧻

Honored Contributor

Re: Why did I have to change my name here?

I have no idea. When this happens, I've noticed some people put in a footer that says "formerly known as..." . It appears at the end of their posts so people recognize their old nic name.

Honored Contributor

Depending how it is pronounced DXXX can be an ethnic slur. But I'm just sayin'.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@godi,  I can't think of a reason the system would require a nickname change.   You can try to change it back, although some posters have reported the software won't permit it even though it was their own account that previously used the name.🤔😳

Sorry you ran into this website weirdness -- you have a great attitude, though!   Thanks for the good wishes -- you have a safe day, too!😊❤️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To change your Community nickname, these are the steps (I think they'll be the same no matter what device you're using, but if someone sees a different set of steps/options, please let us know):

1 -- Go to the shopping area of QVC.com 

and then to the "My Account" section

(Note that this is located in your personal account for the shopping site 

where you enter things like your shipping address,

payment and billing info, etc.  --   

it is not located in the profile/settings

for the Community forums.)

2 -- Choose "Account Settings" 

3 -- You'll see "Nickname" as one of the settings

4 -- Your current one will be displayed, and you can click/tap the word "Edit"

5 -- Enter the new name in the box provided below the current name

6 -- Click/tap "Save"

7 -- If it accepts the change (you might get a message telling you the name has previously been used, so you'll need to try a different one), then log out.

8 -- Then log back into the Community and the change will take effect.

(A nickname change might not take effect until you log out of the Community and then back in).

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo  I tried this twice and it says someone has that name already! I do or wait I did. Oh well. godi here now!  At least they didn't zero me. 🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

@godi 

are you possibly using a different email?

if you are still having difficulties, email qvcsocialteam@qvc.com and maybe they can help you get @digo back.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@godi wrote:

I had to change my nickname here, not sure why but I couldn't proceed till I did so I used to be digo now I am godi. 
Have a safe day everyone. 🙏😷❤️🧻

Hi digo!

I'll continue to recognise 'you' as digo as long as you don't change your avatar. ("A rose by any other name... ")

If someone puts up a familiar name with a new avatar, I have a hard time recognizing them.

Our avatar is our face here, as we chitchat with one another.

For instance, there's a poster I'd refer to as "yellow dog with tennis ball"... I'd have to guess at the poster's name but I'm sure of the avatar.

Visual memory.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry that happened to you. I think websites just are wonky right now. Amazon the other night would not accept my password, so I tried to change it, waited for email with code that never came, called and received a message that no one would answer, changed password a second time, and suddenly got in.

Similarly, last night around midnight I was trying to order caulk and DIY supplies for delivery from Home Depot. The order seemed to go through and I received an email saying I would be notified when the items were ready for delivery.  This morning when I went to check on the order, I could not get into the website and received a message that there was no account with my email address. (I had the account for about 8 years.) I called, got a live person and was told that I had to start all over again with signing up and placing an order. Alas! One of my items sold out in the interim.

I seem to be having more problems placing orders for delivery or curbside pick up lately.  I am not having those issues with the Q. 

Sorry, therefore, that you had to change, but I think this just is part of the craziness right now.

Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

@dooBdoo  I tried this twice and it says someone has that name already! I do or wait I did. Oh well. godi here now!  At least they didn't zero me. 🤣🤣

@godi,  Yes, that's the glitch in the system (one of many).   Evidently we no longer can go back to exactly the name we had before.   You do have the option of changing it to a close variation on your original "digo" if you wanted.   No matter your name, though...  "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet!"   You're still the same lovely person to us!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Depending how it is pronounced DXXX can be an ethnic slur. But I'm just sayin'.

Digo is not the ethnic slur to which I think you're referring.  It is not spelled like the ethnic slur and is not pronounced like the ethnic slur.  It is an "i".

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.