Esteemed Contributor

I read MB's blog, she said her head hit the steering wheel 3 times?  What happened to her air bag?  Glad she is OK.

Honored Contributor

A family member was killed by a texting kid who hit him head on.  Even the officers said it was horriffic.  I am more afraid of texting than DUI because far more people text all day every day while driving.  Idiots.  I think they should publish WHAT the text message was when they are convicted.

People are dying on the highways for "You going home now?"  "Get some chips." and nonsense like that. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Mary Beth Roe Concerned

[ Edited ]

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

Is that her car??? How awful a drink driver did that to her.

*********** No, that is the drunk drivers car that hit her from behind so hard that it launched her into another car and ended up involving 4 cars!

Trusted Contributor

Marybeths blog says that is the picture of the car that hit her, not her car.  She was protected by an Angel for sure.  Glad she is returning and feeling better.  God Bless Her.

Honored Contributor

Yes, you never fully recover from something like a car accident.  I've been in several really bad car accidents (none were due to anything I did).

As you get old(er) (I'm now 70) you start having aches and pains from everything that happened as the body starts breaking down.  I live in terrible pain because when I was 18 I was in a car accident where I broke my back in 3 places.  That was just one accident.

I hope she heals and never has trouble from it.  She is so sweet and does such a good job.  I've always enjoyed watching her.  It's good that she has good insurance and they are giving her the time she needs to fully recover.

Honored Contributor

@MaRina

dont know if they will "throw the book at her."

my father and aunt were killed, my mother in and out of the hospital for a solid year......the drunk driver that hit them got 18 months in jail.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@MaRina

my father and aunt were killed, my mother in and out of the hospital for a solid year......the drunk driver that hit them got 18 months in jail.

I'm so sorry that is heartbreaking and could have been prevented.  Is your mom doing better now?

Hugs Sunshine45! 

18 months, that's crazy. Can you watch this person's to see if or should I say when they unfortunately repeat it?

Maybe to speak your mind in court etc. 

Honored Contributor

@MaRina wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@MaRina

I'm so sorry that is heartbreaking and could have been prevented.  Is your mom doing better now?

Hugs Sunshine45! 

18 months, that's crazy. Can you watch this person's to see if or should I say when they unfortunately repeat it?

a number of us spoke in court.......and of course, people spoke in court for him also.

yes, you can "follow" him in a way, but he did move out of state and that made it more difficult to do. it was a first time dui for him at 22 years old. he was celebrating his first major job since he had graduated from college..... and that was probably why they were so lenient.

my mom is quite active at 75......and she does have recurring health problems but she is mananging them. i know that there is no day that goes by that she doesnt miss my father and her best friend!

thank you @MaRina

wishing mary beth a full recovery from that horrible accident. i have been following her status updates on facebook.  will go and read her blog post.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@MaRina wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@MaRina

Hugs Sunshine45! 

a number of us spoke in court.......and of course, people spoke in court for him also.

yes, you can "follow" him in a way, but he did move out of state and that made it more difficult to do. it was a first time dui for him at 22 years old. he was celebrating his first major job since he had graduated from college..... and that was probably why they were so lenient.

my mom is quite active at 75......and she does have recurring health problems but she is mananging them. i know that there is no day that goes by that she doesnt miss my father and her best friend!

thank you @MaRina

wishing mary beth a full recovery from that horrible accident. i have been following her status updates on facebook.  will go and read her blog post.

I pray this kid learned his lesson. And he thinks of your dad and aunt everyday. I would love to hear that he goes around and speaks about his awful crime to help prevent others from making the same mistake.

God Bless your mom Heart 

Esteemed Contributor

Poor thing!