Respected Contributor

Re: Mariah Carey & James Packer engaged

He's a billionaire, what's not to love? Lol

I like her ring. This is Mariah. She's not going to be down at the local Piggly Wiggly sporting it. 

I don't think it's over the top for her. Just like Liz Taylor could wear jewels most mere mortals couldn't pull off ☺️

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just came back to the thread b/c I had some likes,  but want to add, why do either of them even need to remarry?

Each has enough money, for their lifestyle, she has kids, I assume he probably has being married before.

Does she have an album coming out soon

Trusted Contributor

I just read that neither one of them is legally divorced.  Now that's a nice mess!!!! Lol

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

@cancun08 wrote:

I just read that neither one of them is legally divorced.  Now that's a nice mess!!!! Lol

@cancun08

I read that too, LOL!

Rule #1: Before you get engaged, make sure you're not still married!

I've been in the exact same situation, but we thought he was divorced. We met when I lived in Los Angeles and we married in Las Vegas.

When his ex-wife heard he had remarried, she confessed that she had never filed the final divorce papers that they had signed 2 years before. She was apparently holding out hope that they would reconcile.

We contacted an attorney, who told us that our marriage wasn't legal and that we would have to divorce, file his original divorce papers, then remarry after that divorce was final.

Whaaaat???? If our marriage wasn't legal, why would we need a divorce?

We ended up filing his divorce papers and then remarrying, with no divorce between he and I.

My advice? If either party was married before, make sure you have a final divorce decree with proof that it was actually FILED!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The ring is beautiful. Maybe some people don't like big but I do. Hey it's free!! Mariah is such a diva and I read she can be nasty to. So why would a billionaire want a nasty diva? For beauty, maybe her cooking or tending to the garden for fresh veges or maybe for some little billionaires they could have. I would hate to be her maid or nanny. I hope she remembers to get a divorce!!!

Honored Contributor

I feel a ring battle coming on...  Kimye's emerald cut is a sad 15 carats.. Wonder if ole smiley will pony up to get KK a bigger one than MC's? 

Be honest, why such a huge stone?  I'd be terrified to wear one, hope she has plenty of security to watch her one ringer, LOL .. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

According to TMZ Mariah knew in advance she was going to get engaged. She called up Nick, and told him.

Honored Contributor

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

That's just gorgeous.... but *shhh*......  I'd wear it in Diamonique/CZ's as well, and have. No one would believe it was real (on me) anyway... but it's beautiful, look at the lines in that stone..... only one problem.... I wouldn't be able to drive a car anymore once the sun made contact with that stone....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just read somewhere that they are engaged but neither one is divorced yet.  Oh, those wacky Hollywood folk....lol   Mariah reminds me of Halle; neither one can keep a man.  If Mariah makes it to the alter with this guy, it's a forgone conclusion, they'll be in divorce within a a couple of years.  But the ring is gorgeous and I think elegant and tasteful.  Obviously, he selected it.