Honored Contributor

@Snowhite714  and @NicksmomESQ - I've never heard of anything like this! If they are serious, and it wasn't a typo or something, then I agree with @1Snickers - I wouldn't go. If it were a close friend. . . wait a minute, my friends wouldn't be my friends if they were the type of people who did something like this. I'm so blessed with their friendships, and thank goodness none of them would ever think of doing this. I can't wait to tell them about it! Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor
Beyond Rude!!!! She would not be a friend of mine.
Audios amigos!
Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom   The person who’s having the party isn’t a close friend.Our kids went to school together.We have lunch a couple times a year to catch up.My closest friends have a lot more common sense & class.

Honored Contributor

It is considered bad manners to mention gifts or no gifts on invitations.

If I got an invite that said, " gifts mandatory". I wouldn't attend and would not RSVP either.

Honored Contributor

I bet it's suppose to be a joke.

Honored Contributor

Send them a gag gift.

Honored Contributor

Very tacky.  I haven't received an invitation like that.  If I did, I wouldn't go.  If gifts are that important to the birthday girl, she should skip the party and use the money on her own gifts.  I give gifts from the heart, I don't deal well with being told what to buy.  LOL

Valued Contributor

@cherry wrote:

How well do you know these people? Are they this way all the time?

@cherry A recent acquaintance, just getting to know them.

Valued Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

How in the world would anyone, let alone 50 people, know what kind of gift to purchase for a 60 year old?  

This just doesn't sound right to me and I am wondering if there was some kind of printing error.

@Allegheny No printing error.

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@beach-mom   The person who’s having the party isn’t a close friend.Our kids went to school together.We have lunch a couple times a year to catch up.My closest friends have a lot more common sense & class.

Then it’s time to cut this person loose. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett