Esteemed Contributor

Re: Man steps on bomb, loses foot in Central Park

It's sad, but the first thing I thought about was possibly some sort of IED, which I wouldn't rule out at this point.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Why wasn't this news broadcast at the time it happened? Why did they wait all day before breaking it?

Why don't you call them and find out?

There is a difference between a bomb and a firework...just sayin'

Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Why wasn't this news broadcast at the time it happened? Why did they wait all day before breaking it?

Why don't you call them and find out?

There is a difference between a bomb and a firework...just sayin'

@Melania, I don't want to call CNN. I find it disturbing though about the delay of reporting. 

A bomb, a firework...they are both explosives. You are right, they are different from one another. I knew that.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

They didn't wait all day.  It was reported immediately.  They were just still calling it "Breaking News" hours later.  That's pretty typical of how network news operates.

Respected Contributor

The young man did not lose his foot.  He is undergoing surgery to try to save his seriously damaged foot.

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

The young man did not lose his foot.  He is undergoing surgery to try to save his seriously damaged foot.

@SaRina,

One witness stated she saw the man with his foot severed from his ankle. Surgery was probably being done to re-attach it. Poor guy.

Respected Contributor

CBS This Morning just said his leg was amputated below the knee. They also said the victim spoke with his grandfather and told him it didn't seem like a firework when he stepped down on the device.

I'm not sure why the police are so quick to insist that it was a firework and not deliberately put there to cause harm.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

There are bad accidents every year with fireworks and explosives. Most unfortunate.

Has it been verified this was indeed "an accident"?  Could it be a person or a group working on bigger and more damaging explosives?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

In the photos they're showing on CNN, the victim looks like actor Andrew Garfield.

Who is ole Andrew and why would I know him?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I wish the police could find the person or person(s) responsible for this act of violence. Someone needs jail time.