Esteemed Contributor

Re: Man steps on bomb, loses foot in Central Park

It was a lead story on the Fox News website this morning.

I'm sure the young man and his friends and family have been through quite an ordeal.  Keeping them in my thoughts and prayers.

Respected Contributor

I don't understand. The man stepped on a device that he made? Or was it there already and he stepped on it while walking?

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

I don't understand. The man stepped on a device that he made? Or was it there already and he stepped on it while walking?

It was already there and the man who was injured had nothing to do with the device.  NYPD

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

The man who stepped on the explosive happened to be in the wrong place.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

The man who stepped on the explosive happened to be in the wrong place.

Sounds like the device was placed in a spot where people would not have been walking (like on a path).

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/03/central-park-explosion-injures-1.html

Honored Contributor

I've read all the news reports but...stills sounds like

those kids were up to some hoodrat stuff. Just a gut feeling.

Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

Central Park is ALWAYS busy and shame on CNN for making this story more than what it was.  The incident happened this morning and at 5:00 pm they're reporting, "BREAKING NEWS."  grrrrr

Oh REALLY???!!! That's even worse. Maybe the mayor withheld releasing the story with fears of panic in the park on the 4th of July.

No, the Mayor didn't bury the story, I knew about it when it happened because I was following Elie Weisel's funeral...and the NYC press reported on it.

I read that they initially investigated if it ws connected to Elie Weisel's funeral-  the explosion was on the east side of the park, very close to the synogogue. Perhaps that was the reason for the  reporting delay.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can be having a nice time enjoying the day. So quick how this mans life will be changed. You never know. Sad!

Esteemed Contributor

Whatever the real truth may be, we probably won't know about it all.  Some want to call it this or that kind of crime and others something else. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The New York Post is reporting that authorites believe it was a "homemade firecracker" that had been "in place for more than a day.  As of now they have no reason to believe it was terrorism related."