Honored Contributor

Our bed is used thoughout the day.....naps, snacks, reading and watching TV.  I pull it up....but it is never idle!

Respected Contributor

I make my bed 99% of the time. I really dislike the unmade look.

Respected Contributor

I make it every day, but not immediately. If I ever don't make it during the day I am making it at midnight.  I have to at least start out with my fair share of the sheet :-) 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Our bed is used thoughout the day.....naps, snacks, reading and watching TV.  I pull it up....but it is never idle!

pulling it up seems to be more the norm these days. I learned this from several relatives who have housekeepers who make the beds  this way. I realized I could do this too, and it was okay!

Respected Contributor

No, I leave the bed to air out, especially in summer. We all cast a certain amount of perspiration when we sleep. The linens need to dry.

I also figure I'd rather be doing something else with that time. If you spend 60 seconds a day making the bed, over the course of 25 years that amounts to a month of 35-hour weeks of bed-making. That's a lot of pointless drudgery, IMO. 

Honored Contributor

Kitty attitude:  "good luck trying with us around, hooman".  

Image result for kitty gif making the bed

Honored Contributor

I don't care if the beds are made, only if they are clean.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Making the Bed

[ Edited ]

I make my bed every day, and always have.

I grew up in a fairly wealthy family, and we had a live-in housekeeper, but we were taught to make our own beds and pick up after ourselves, so it's always been my habit.

And when I was in college, and my entire living space was a dorm room, my roommate and I learned quickly that unmade beds were a surefire way to make our room look messy, no matter how beautifully decorated or neat everything else was.

It doesn't matter to me if anyone else will see it.  I see it, and I feel much better looking at a made bed during the day and getting into one at night.   (It also takes less than a minute, so is well worth the time.)

Respected Contributor

I make my bed every morning.

Sometimes it isn't great looking but I tried.

If I take a nap which is rare I make it back up. 

Honored Contributor

always my whole life!