Valued Contributor

My bed is made within 15 to 30 minutes of getting up. An unmade bed drives me nuts. The bedroom looks pulled together with the bed made. 

Trusted Contributor

I make my bed every day. It's a good way to begin the day, & I like the way it looks! Besides, I couldn't crawl into an unmade bed at night. Not very inviting, imo.

Esteemed Contributor

Wouldn't dream of not making my bed every day (no pun intended).  I can't imagine leaving the house to come back to an unmade bed or staying home knowing the bed is unmade.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Valued Contributor

I make ours every single day!

Esteemed Contributor

Not only do I make the beds everyday, but I smooth out the comforters and re-fluff the pillows about 5 times throughout the day as my dog loves to sleep in bed several times throughout the day.  As soon as I notice that he's been in a bed, I have to "fix" it to my satisfaction again.  Yes, I even get on my own nerves with my peculiararities.  

Honored Contributor

Nope. About the only time my bed is made is when I change the bedding on Sunday. 

My dog is still sleeping in the bed when I leave for work and I'm not making her move to make the bed.  I do try and straighten it up around her if I can.  Sometimes I get the look because I'm bugging her so I just move on. 

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

No dishes in the sink either.  Lol

My MIL always has a sink full of dishes.   It spills out into the counter then.   It seems as if there are dishes that are sitting there for days.   I can't look at things like that.   

Oh no.  I can't have dishes in my sink for a long period of time.  Sometimes my dishwasher is full so I have no choice but I run it, wait for it, empty it and put the dishes in the sink in it. 

If I wake up in the morning to dishes in the sink or come home from work to dishes in the sink, it just sets me off.  LOL 

Regular Contributor

Re: Making the Bed

[ Edited ]

I only make the bed when the sheets get changed or if I am going to go through my clothes to sort or change closets around for the season - a nice smooth surface to work on. If I had to look at my unmade bed all day it probably would make a difference and I would make it everyday. I get out of bed in the morning, get dressed, go to work and then I don't even see it again until I go to bed at night so it doesn't bother me at all. Why make it when all you are going to do is unmake it and crawl in at night?

Plus in the summer I only have a top sheet on my bed.  It's too hot to have blankets and a comforter.  So there really isn't anything to make.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

My MIL always has a sink full of dishes.   It spills out into the counter then.   It seems as if there are dishes that are sitting there for days.   I can't look at things like that.   

Oh no.  I can't have dishes in my sink for a long period of time.  Sometimes my dishwasher is full so I have no choice but I run it, wait for it, empty it and put the dishes in the sink in it. 

If I wake up in the morning to dishes in the sink or come home from work to dishes in the sink, it just sets me off.  LOL 

@Lipstickdiva "no choice"?  Hmmmmm Smiley Tongue  I'm a big fan of dishwasher over hand washing, but if I were bothered by dishes in the sink and the dishwasher wasn't available, I think hand washing would be faster.  Fortunately I'm *not* bothered by dishes in the sink, so it's never an issue Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva "no choice"?  Hmmmmm Smiley Tongue  I'm a big fan of dishwasher over hand washing, but if I were bothered by dishes in the sink and the dishwasher wasn't available, I think hand washing would be faster.  Fortunately I'm *not* bothered by dishes in the sink, so it's never an issue Woman LOL

Well yeah there is always the option of hand washing. And if there isn't a lot, that's what I will do.  But if I forgot to run the dishwasher so it's full and I have all my dinner dishes and pots and pans, I wait for it to get finished rather than hand wash all that.