Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I have a friend, @magicmoodz, who has a husband and a son in military service.

I'm sure she is appalled at the sloppiness 'round here!

@Sweetbay magnolia

Haha! Life is short--I think we should all do what makes us feel good.  

Honored Contributor

I make the bed.

Respected Contributor

I always make the bed.....that way I get to look at all my pretty pillows. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I really couldn't care less, but I know my husband prefers it be made, and I'm almost always the last one out of it Smiley Wink  So I make it.  Plus, like @2blonde said, it keeps cat hair and...other cat-related things......on the washable top layer.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

There is all the stuff out in the media now that leaving a bed unmade is healthier, at least for a couple of hours after getting up. Lets it get air and keeps the germs down.

I can't stand an unmade bed. I have to do it relatively shortly after rising. The entire room is a mess, if the bed isn't made. 

I have a really healthy bed! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Beds have to be made same way dishes can't sit in the sink

Respected Contributor

Not making the bed is like not brushing your teeth.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't help myself.  I am going to make the beds.

Maybe change the sheets!  Yes! What is old is new again!

Good evening, all.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

No dishes in the sink either.  Lol

My MIL always has a sink full of dishes.   It spills out into the counter then.   It seems as if there are dishes that are sitting there for days.   I can't look at things like that.   

Respected Contributor

For years I had OCD about keeping house. So naturally, I had to have all beds in the house made before I left for work at 7am. The kitchen and bathroom floor had to be swept, all breakfast dishes had to be washed and counters wiped down. I was like this both when my ds's were home and after they moved out. If I didn't do this, it would nag at me for the entire day until I came home and got it done. Well, the last two years that I've been retired, I've learned to relax! Most days I just pull the bed together. I don't care anymore if the pillows are just right or the bedskirt is straight. I do still sweep the floors and make sure the kitchen is cleaned but sometimes it's late afternoon when I get to it. I don't know how I got it all done before. I know I needed it done before I went to work so that when I came home it would be just right. Now it really doesn't bother me. I like it better this way!😀

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran