Honored Contributor

I use a quilt as a bedspread so making my bed consists of pulling up the quilt and straightening it out and rearranging pillows.

But I don't do it as soon as I get up, I let the sheets air out for about an hour, then I go back and straighten the bed.   I love getting into a made bed so that's my only incentive.

@Sweetbay magnolia

Esteemed Contributor

I do love a "made" bed.

Sometimes I don't want to do it, but once I'm into it I realize it's very easy.  True, @Mominohio and @software - it's a good thing to let the bed "air out" before the covers go back up.  I do that.

To all:  Thanks for letting me give gratitude for the small things!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Nope, I don't make the bed.  If I'm expecting company, I shut the door.

Respected Contributor

I just started making the bed everyday last summer when I bought new bedding.   Due to it's location, no one would ever see our bedroom so it really doesn't matter.

The news about letting it air out for a couple of hours may send me back to my old ways.   Just the excuse i need to let it go.  

Respected Contributor

Daily Maintenance:

make bed

take out garbage- at least 1x

chlorox toilet and swish

wash dishes

clean table& counter

Respected Contributor

Always, always. Even if I'm deathly sick. I like to crawl into an orderly bed each night. 

Air Out? LOL.  I don't sweat when I sleep nor do I go to bed dirty.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I cannot imagine how it would feel to get into an unmade bed. I like crisp sheets and since we use a comforter and a few pillow shams, it only takes a few minutes to make.

Honored Contributor

I love a made-bed, but it doesn't bother my psyche if I don't get to it. I figure I'm letting it air our those days. Lol  Important thing to me is that I get into bed with clean sheets. 

Respected Contributor

I was raised to make my bed every day. I like the look of if. No matter how clean your room is if the bed isn't made it lookes not neat and bedlamy.

let it be OCD, I just think it is the characteristic of an organized person.

Trusted Contributor

For me, I think the bedroom looks neater when the bed is made and things are put away. I don't like mess!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!