Respected Contributor

A Christmas card that I mailed on or about Dec. 16 was delivered today.  That recipient says she sent one to me, too.  It has not arrived yet.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

We have had a nightmare with mail in the last few weeks. 

My mom, who I handle all medication and bills for, did not receive half her monthly bills, so I had to deal with getting them paid differently than she wants it done. 

We didn't get several of our bills in December as well so I had to pay them in alternate ways as well, and today, I received two bills that we usually mail in checks for that are now due in three days, they were so slow getting here. 

My mom gets her medication in three month supply, by mail. Three of her prescriptions were sent out almost a month ago and have not arrived. I've had to scramble and contact multiple doctors to get prescriptions called in to a local pharmacy to limp through. I now have to start the process of getting those 'lost' medications re shipped. 

My cousin sent me a package on Dec. 2nd, and it still isn't here. The Christmas card I sent her on Dec. 15th, just got there today. And we live only about 50 miles apart. 

It's been a hot mess. One day our mail will run at 10 am, the next it's near 3pm. We used to be very constant. The last month, we actually have gone three and four days at a time and received no mail at all, and in normal times, we get at least one piece per day. I hope this settles out soon. 

Trusted Contributor

@Travone wrote:

We have been having problems since November.  I live in a suburb of Cleveland and the Cleveland PO was on the national news as one of the biggest problems.  My neighbors started posting on next door when they get mail.  Nobody is getting anything current. 

Last week I got a flyer for a sale at Macy's....the sale was December 10th.  Looked like they had some good sales too.  Missing credit card bills, property tax, etc.  I had to make a quarterly income tax payment to my city and didn't have the bill. I called them to pay over the phone the woman who took my payment told me that city hall has gone a full week without getting any mail.  At this point it is just ridicuous.

You are so right. I mailed all my Christmas mail and packages from Florida first week in Dec. to a Cleveland suburb. They finally were delivered yesterday. One month is shameful service. Will never ship USPS again. 

Trusted Contributor

I had a local bill due 1/1 and I mailed it before Christmas. Returned to me on 1/4 marked up as "undeliverable as addressed/unable to forward." Now, the address was correct and hadn't changed in any way -- puzzled as to what happened. I had to hand-deliver the marked up envelope to the intended recipient so she could see that the post office screwed up.

Others who mailed to that address had no issues.

Respected Contributor

As having a relative that was a letter carrier, personnel is down between budget cuts and Covid.  As far as the red flag in the up position, that lets the letter carrier know to stop and pick up your outgoing mail, whether you are getting mail that day or not.  Otherwise, you would not know if it a good idea to place your letters in your box as you don't know if you are getting mail that day or not.  

That being said, working in law enforcement, I don't feel it is safe or prudent nowadays to place any outgoing mail in my mailbox.  At least around here.  Too much theft not only of the original letter but down the road, the bigger picture of identity theft when they can gather all your information for future fraud.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Trusted Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

A Christmas card that I mailed on or about Dec. 16 was delivered today.  That recipient says she sent one to me, too.  It has not arrived yet.  

Same here 2 Christmas cards are MIA...one from my sister and one from my elderly aunt Smiley Sad nothing has showed up yet

Honored Contributor

I still have 2 Ebay purchases out for delivery since early Dec. trying to be patient. 

Honored Contributor

My new daily thing with getting the mail is knowing I need to make sure I have shoes on so I can go down the street and deliver all the pieces that were mis-delivered to me.  fun (not)

The other fun bit is having to go out in the dark, at night, with a flashlight to locate my package that was delivered but not to my house.   Fortunately, they are usually delivered to a house not more than two houses away.

I think it's time USPS put me on their payroll.  At least the mail I deliver goes to the right addresses.

Super Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

As having a relative that was a letter carrier, personnel is down between budget cuts and Covid.  As far as the red flag in the up position, that lets the letter carrier know to stop and pick up your outgoing mail, whether you are getting mail that day or not.  Otherwise, you would not know if it a good idea to place your letters in your box as you don't know if you are getting mail that day or not.  

That being said, working in law enforcement, I don't feel it is safe or prudent nowadays to place any outgoing mail in my mailbox.  At least around here.  Too much theft not only of the original letter but down the road, the bigger picture of identity theft when they can gather all your information for future fraud.

Talking about not leaving outgoing mail in your mailbox, our bank has posted notification NOT to put outgoing for your mail carrier to pick up. The thieves are stealing your mail & if it is a check they are whitewashing it & filling in the amount that they want. This is happening more than you know.

Respected Contributor

I ordered a birthday present for a friend on Dec.28. It was shipped and here is it's progress so far....Whistler Al, Montgomery AL, Nashville TN, Indianapolis IN, Spokan WA, Redmond WA and now has been SITTING in the Seattle WA Post Office since the 5th of Jan. Since this is a live plant (a bulb) I was hoping it would be delivered in a timely fashion. The package is still not even listed as out for delivery (only listed as "on it's way"....HA) so no telling how long it will just sit there. Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with the PO.