Honored Contributor

They all are working very hard, the delivery people, we live in a pandemic time.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I've had a ShopHQ item stuck in the staus Transferred to Post Office.  The original delivery date was the 15th.  Still in that status.  I'm just glad it's actually inside the post office.

Super Contributor

Everyone has the right to complain...given

BUT

how about some understanding?  If any of you worked full time, imagine what it would be like if your workload just tripled...and not for one day but for WEEKS? Add to that the negative nellies and the real stress of exposing yourself daily to a potential health risk, plus usual family issues....

How would you handle that?

Lets be kind during this Christmas season...What is more important, getting your package or card, or easing another human beings pain?  the USPS is people, sons daughters husbands fathers mothers and we need to be kinder.

Respected Contributor

Re: Mail delays

[ Edited ]

Months ago, many sorting machines were removed and dismantled by the Postmaster General.

Has everyone forgotten that?

Honored Contributor

USPS just delivered 4 packages of mine at 6:05 a.m. today.  

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

USPS just delivered 4 packages of mine at 6:05 a.m. today.  

Congratulations!!  Seriously.  I'm glad you got your packages.

Super Contributor

So what time did the carrier have to wake up and get into work to load his jeep??

Again....they are dong a remarkable job trying to get as much mail ut as possible...

Thanks USPS

Trusted Contributor

one of my bills always usually reaches the place within i'd say 6 days normally... i was watching my bank statement online and nothing after about 9 days.. i knew mail was busy this was the 1st week of dec... dont know how busy then... but i gave it more time.. this never happened in mailing out my 1 bill... i gave it 12 days... called them.. they told me to cancel my check and do it by phone... i asked the if i should just give it a few more days. but then it would of been late.. they said to just pay by phone which i did... then after paying the 20.00 for the cancelled check... they got the check 2 days later.. oh well.. what can i do,, go figure... but my ordrinary check that normally only takes about 6 days to get there took about 13 days... who knows it may have been there.. and they just went through and cashed it then...... never happened before.. but it was the 1st week of dec. may have been the mails fault..........

Honored Contributor

I haven't mailed a payment in years.  I do bill pay through my credit union.  Much easier and I don't have to worry about my payment getting lost or posted late.

Respected Contributor

@lmt  I have a  new carrier that comes with only packages, earlier in the day. I told her I got a  large mail box and those packages will fit.  Her last two deliveries.She said she did not know as the regular carriers gives her packages  to deliver? I kind of felt she was being used some what delivering all of them? Last summer our route was asked to buy and install large mailboxes so they could save time. There always is a big banner on our PO building soliciting for part time help in the Fall before Holiday time.

My stepdaughter started out part time and is a full time carrier. She said the benefits aren't what they used to be. She is 40 and completed an on line degree and wants a career change as said the job is getting physically too difficult.

I am fine if I eventually receive my orders. The lost packages are what bothers me. I also have a couple waiting to go out over a week from my PO. It seems pretty common.