Honored Contributor

i get a ton of magazines because they are so cheap now for a yearly or more subscription. i do not have any on automatic renewal. i either get an email or a letter in the mail when it is time to renew. i have had very few issues with NOT receiving an issue.

i am now having an issue with just one......SOAP OPERA DIGEST. they were delivering it weekly with my newspaper, but since the beginning of the year i had stopped receiving them. i have emailed them numerous times and they finally said that they would begin mailing my subscription again. well, you guessed it......still no magazine, but lots of  emails back and forth. they have now sent me a renewal letter. LOL i said no way am i renewing until you get this all straightened out and extend my subscription.

i take them into work to share with customers or give some to my daughter who works in a senior healthcare facility so that the magazines can be shared by others.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Used to subscribe to many Health and Fitness type magazines. As time went on and their prices rose at the same time my 1994 $$$'s pension decreased in value! To keep up with my $$'s worth less, and the price raises, I dropped all of them. Even dropped our daily local newspaper.

When times get rough with bucks, it's time to cut the non essentials, which I did. My wife? I have no idea if she subscribes to any magazines. I do know she reads Kindle however.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

My only subscription now is Better Homes & Gardens. The last few issues are so blurred ! They are using cheaper paper and the price has increased. I won't renew my subscription. 
    I've noticed the cheaper paper on coupons also. 
           📘 🔬 🔦💸 🛑

Respected Contributor

We dropped most of our magazine subscriptions years ago because I got fed up with continuous renewal notices, many only 6 months into a subscription. As an alternative, we go to the library once a month to read our favorite magazines. It doesn't take that long because most magazines are filled with ads. 

Esteemed Contributor

I  don't have any subscriptions.  Once I got them simply because THEY were being sent to my husbands office for free.  When he retired some of them found their way to my home.  But now overtime there are none. I find magazines nothing but one ad after another so I did not bother trying to get them.  And I am about to dump my last newspaper subscription as it is only one sided politically.  

Valued Contributor

@Spurt 

Yes, the magazine person said there are delivery delays. But they're now talking about July/Aug and I still have no May/Jun. Done with subscriptions, I think. My bookstore needs support since it's the last one in this area. Dang Amazon!

Honored Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

@Spurt 

Yes, the magazine person said there are delivery delays. But they're now talking about July/Aug and I still have no May/Jun. Done with subscriptions, I think. My bookstore needs support since it's the last one in this area. Dang Amazon!

@LisaMofSLC 

I support my local bookstores too---both used and new books!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I love to read and have since I was a young girl.  I enjoy going to Barnes and Noble and browsing and finding new books.  I used to frequent other books stores which have sadly closed over the years.

I also subscribe to several magazines and do not have problems receiving them.  I especially love the holiday magazines which always add to my seasonal fun.  I also pass on the magazines to others who appreciate them.  I only stopped subscribing to certain magazines which were more for a younger person. I also receive two newspapers.

I am bored and tired of TV at times but I never get tired or sick of reading whether it be books, magazines or newspapers.  

Respected Contributor

I was recently notified that Entertainment Weekly will be out of print so I would receive People magazine.  Immediately canceled because I don't care to read about UK royal family or the Kardashians. I have already deposited the refund check.

Valued Contributor

@traveler 

Thanks for the heads up about Entertainment Weekly. I used to subscribe, but decided just to look for issues when my movies were coming out. Sad to hear.