Honored Contributor

Re: Madame Tussauds Boots Harry & Meghan

@lovesrecess wrote:

It doesn’t seem like Harry and Meghan are interested in doing any ruling over anything other than their own progressive causes. If Harry feels no sense of duty or obligation to the family and bloodline he was born into, then I say cut them both loose and let them go do their own thing. I know the Queen wants no dirty laundry being aired in public so she may find taking their titles and washing her hands of them easier than dealing with the drama on a daily basis.

@lovesrecess  She should do the same thing with Prince Andrew. He needs to go away. Talk about dirty laundry!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

I think the Queen and her advisors will come up with some ‘plan’ making it look all good and very civilized as Harry has put her in a very uncomfortable position.

I will not be at all surprised if these two do not get exactly what they want then fly away as the Queen now has to ‘save face’ for the Royal family and make things look good.

I feel they have placed the Queen, Charles & William in an invidious situation but I think this was part of their plan - the  way it was disclosed, Archie left in Canada, Meghan supposedly flying out of U.K. the Queen now left to sort it all out.  They had/have a plan and are going ahead with it.

@dulwich  I wish the queen, Charles and William well in resolving this fiasco and yes, I think the royal family was set up by H&M, who created a very ugly situation unnecessarily. That said, I can't imagine that public support is lacking for the queen and, as it should be, minimal for the Sussex duo. who have handled this and other situations abysmally. I personally hope they don't get exactly what they want. Personally, I hope the repercussions for them are quick and rather severe. They both need to understand that really, they aren't 'entitled'... This is not a pure matter of them wanting to 'make their own way' at all. If it were, they could have discussed matters with the royal family and then quietly gone about their own business... Instead, they chose to make a show out of it, as it seems they often choose to do. Personally, I find it unfortunate if the queen feels she needs to put a nice face on it... I'd rather see her invoke her considerable authority and hold nothing back... I also don't think there'd be significant fallout if she did... And @golding76  I agree, the situation has been made putrid and it really didn't need to be...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Good

Honored Contributor

Me personally, I would be very cautious about po-ing Queen Elizabeth.  Especially since she so resented her uncle David who abdicated.  She may abdicate Harry! 

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@lovesrecess wrote:

It doesn’t seem like Harry and Meghan are interested in doing any ruling over anything other than their own progressive causes. If Harry feels no sense of duty or obligation to the family and bloodline he was born into, then I say cut them both loose and let them go do their own thing. I know the Queen wants no dirty laundry being aired in public so she may find taking their titles and washing her hands of them easier than dealing with the drama on a daily basis.

@lovesrecess  She should do the same thing with Prince Andrew. He needs to go away. Talk about dirty laundry!

Did anyone watch the documentary tonight on ABC about Jeffrey Epstein?  The Queen has a lot more scandal with Andrew than what Harry and Meghan are doing.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@stevieb   I agree totally with your remarks and do hope the Queen comes out strong - but - and unfortunately I feel there is a but - if she is ‘too lenient’ I fear she may lose a lot of her allegiances judging by the comments coming fast and furious from across the pond.

Hope you are right and I am wrong.

Honored Contributor

stevieb,

I had such high hopes and admittledly grand ideas for this couple.  They could have been so potent as fully deployed Royals.  There was so much promise that their union hinted at (at least to me).

Of course I wish them well in their new endeavors, but I believe they have foolishly tossed away something golden for dross. 

Esteemed Contributor

Because I can't personally speak on any of this, I will just add that I like Meghan and Harry, and wish the best for this beautiful young couple. Living under such an intense microscope is difficult for anyone. I suppose it comes with the territory, but everyone deserves to be happy, and should pursue it as best as they can. They face a UNIQUE set of circumstances, to be sure.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@stevieb   I agree totally with your remarks and do hope the Queen comes out strong - but - and unfortunately I feel there is a but - if she is ‘too lenient’ I fear she may lose a lot of her allegiances judging by the comments coming fast and furious from across the pond.

Hope you are right and I am wrong.

@dulwich  The press is making it sound like the entire matter has been turned over to 'staff'. I doubt that it really has but putting that face on it does help provide a little visual distance, whether it actually exists or not.  With everything else on her plate, their timing couldn't have been worse and one has to wonder if that too wasn't part of the plan... I can honestly say that I just don't 'get' those two... They likely could have had virtually everything they wanted had they merely exercised even minimal sagacity in their approach... Instead, they come off, for many of us anyway, like plotting, scheming, demanding spoiled brats...

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

stevieb,

I had such high hopes and admittledly grand ideas for this couple.  They could have been so potent as fully deployed Royals.  There was so much promise that their union hinted at (at least to me).

Of course I wish them well in their new endeavors, but I believe they have foolishly tossed away something golden for dross. 

@golding76  It really is very unfortunate. It's no secret that I've not been among their biggest fans, but I did honestly give them more credit than to come up with this... It appears their actions have thrown the proverbial baby out with the bath water, and that's sad...