Trusted Contributor

Re: Madame Tussauds Boots Harry & Meghan

Poor Harry, he will rue the day he turned his back on his family for wealth.   He was taken in by Oprah, Gayle King, et al and will try to make money off his charities (like the Clinton Foundation) and the family name which he besmerched and turned his back on.   Lots of luck on that.   

Cashing in, rather than earning a living, will be seen for what it is.   Wait till he eats through his inheritance.   

Trusted Contributor

Which one?

cake.jpg

cake2.jpg

Valued Contributor

@SuhseK  You summed up my thoughts as well. 

I'll be the first to admit I am not a heavy follower of the royals and their trials and tribulations. Most of what I've heard has been gleaned from these forums and the occasional entertainment blurb online/tv.

I think Meghan is beautiful. I've always found Harry to be flat out adorable. Surface stuff for sure, as shockingly I do not know either of them in real life.

I am not a big believer in convenient coincidences though. 

What better way to push Andrew's unacceptable behaviors to the backburner with the spotlight shining hot and blinding on Harry and Meghan. Who knows if H & M were just craving even more immediate attention or if this was a more carefully orchestrated event? I feel the whole "royal" thing is still very much a business, albeit a historical, steeped deep in tradition one. 

I wish them both all the best, and hope they are able to find happiness and live their life as they choose. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

I watched the show on ABC last night, and that is far more disturbing on every possible level than this Harry and Meghan situation. It was from the get go. Andrew should have nothing to do with royal activities or privileges, it shouldn't have taken his arrogant interview for that to happen. Yes he's the Queen's son and I'm sure it's very difficult for her to face reality about that situation. But you can't blame that one on Sarah Ferguson.

Sarah Ferguson continues to defend him too.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Pearlee   I have always felt their marriage to be kind of akin to Andrew & Fergie - both men being playboys marrying ladies who like to be in the limelight - very much in love.  I reckon another baby will come and give it 10 years then they will be done.

Just my opinion as I think Harry needs a lot of ‘back-up’ Meghan not so much she has lived and worked in the ‘real’ world Harry experienced life when in the military and then very well protected.  And so the saga continues.......

@dulwich 

During all of this uproar, Meghan has said that having another child fairly soon is not their 'priority' right now.

I think building their income is the priority right now, at least to her.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@mom2four0418   Kate and William dated for 10 years before they got married and they even lived together.

Harry and Megan dated 15 months before getting engaged. Their relationship moved very fast.  William tried to get Harry to slow down, but that created tension between the brothers.

@Carmie 

One of the many articles I've read said that William recalled what his mother Diana told both of them when the breakdown of her marriage to Charles was imminent, which was to "make sure you KNOW the person you're in a relationship with, your father and I didn't even know each other."

Reportedly William reminded Harry of this conversation with Diana when things started moving so fast with Harry and Meghan, which started the resentment between Harry and William.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy watching a Royal Wedding as much as any fan and it's entertaining to see the Royals cavorting about in their natural habitat.  This situation adds to the amusement.

I like Meghan and applaud her for getting away from that lot who never really wanted her anyway for reasons that can only be alluded to.   But some posters seem way over invested in this, apart from the jokes and humor Meghan and Harry have have so generously created.

Respected Contributor

harry is still a royal and should have shown his family the respect of telling them first. i think the shock value, of how it was handled, has megan written all over it.

QVC Customer Care

**Closed for commenting**