Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mac Davis Has Passed

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3   Yes Mac Davis did record the song too.Check out  You Tube.

Esteemed Contributor

It seems Mac developed complications during a serious heart surgery procedure. Very sad. 

Helen had dementia. 

Even though they were each in their late 70's, they were both too young! 

Super Contributor

Two more "Greats" gone.! I loooooved Mac Davis & watched his variety show weekly.  I remember I hated Glen Campbell for stealing Mac's wife!!!

Honored Contributor

@QP Doll wrote:

Two more "Greats" gone.! I loooooved Mac Davis & watched his variety show weekly.  I remember I hated Glen Campbell for stealing Mac's wife!!!

@QP Doll Eric Clapton "stole" George Harrison's wife away, they even remained friends! I am of the thought, you can't steal someone if they don't want to get stolen.

Respected Contributor

"IIIIII...believe in muuuusiccc...I believe in Love." ❤️🎶. Loved that song and him, back in the day.

Awww...sorry to hear it happened during a procedure for his heart. Smiley Sad 

I worked at a summer theater while in High School & College...Mac Davis would play there often. It was at a time when this theater would have the same performer all week for 7 shows...so we really got to see them a lot. I met him, and he signed a few things...he was very sweet.  sigh. Yes...so sad, and as someone said "humbling" to be losing so many from the era we grew up in. And of course sad for ALL the loss this year has brought.  It is wearing down on our souls, alright.  May Mac Davis and Helen Reddy RIP.

Respected Contributor

He was totally brilliant!  RIP!

Trusted Contributor

🎵🎶 "Oh Lord, It's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way!

I can't wait to look in the mirror,

'Cause I get better looking each day.

To know me is to love me,

I must be a helluva man!

Oh, Lord it's hard to be humble,

But I'm doing the best that I can"🎶🎵

My favorite Mac Davis song. Another great one gone. He will be missed.

Esteemed Contributor

Didn’t he sing 🎶 Baby, baby don’t get hooked on me... 🎼

Esteemed Contributor

Mac Davis and Helen Reddy are my age and I remember watching their programs. So talented;, professional and good music and entertainment. Remember when we turned on the tv and there were so many great shows to watch? Now -- it's depressing, violent news 24/7.

Trusted Contributor

He had a beautiful voice and was also an excellent songwriter. Condolences to his family and friends.

RIP, Mr Davis. 

dee

@Jordan2 wrote:

Mac Davis passed away yesterday, the same day as Helen Reddy. It seems so many famous people we loved or grew up  enjoying are dying, it seems like everyday we hear of someone else. Thank you Mac Davis for all your wonderful songs you left for us to enjoy, may you Rest In Peace.