Respected Contributor

Our state is having severe fire problems right now. There was no news coverage about it yesterday or the day before. They showed stock footage for three minutes. We had 24 hours of watching carpet being put down at an airplane hanger. 

Honored Contributor

I was born in So. Ca and lived my life in San Diego since 1958.  I was part of both of the devastating fires in 2003 and 2007.  We were packed for evacuation in 2003 and actually had to evacuate in 2007 because we were surrounded on three sides and didn't know if the one exit would be there if we waited. These fires were in a CITY!!!  The winds pushed them SO FAST that the firefighters couldn't get in front of it and there was horrific death and destruction.  It started in the back country and raced, and I mean 70 miles per hour raced and destroyed its way to the coast!!  It destroyed a lot of Rancho Bernardo, a lot of the perimeter of Poway and if you've never been involved in something like this you have no idea the fear or how fast it spreads!!

Both years had several fires going....  the city of San Diego looked like a war zone....

Pray hard for Northern California .... just pray hard. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

My heart is broken for California and all of its people.  You have suffered so much from every calamity for so many years.  I watch those fires on TV and I weep for all of you.  May it end soon. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986