Honored Contributor

Re: MIXED FEELINGS ABOUT SUNDAY

Church at 8AM then either out with friends from church for breakfast or first sunday of each month they have breakfast at church.When we get home I start the laundry and basically that goes on all day.Washing,drying folding. I hate doing laundry.While the clothes wash I do some cleaning up around the house, often make dinner in the crockpot, and just generally get myself together for the week. Sunday evenings I watch Masterpiece Theatre all evening.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

To be honest, since I don't work anymore, I don't care for Sundays. I really like my routine and Sunday (and Saturday to a lesser extent) disrupts some of that. I love weekdays. It's a complete reversal of how I felt when I worked. 

I mean, I'm profoundly thankful for any day, but Sundays are my least favorite. 

Today specifically I colored my hair really early and am starting to gather "stuff" for an upcoming trip. 

I 'get' this! 

As a child, Sunday was church, then a home cooked meal then, depending on the season, either outside play, or football on TV, a fire in the fireplace, and for me, reading since I never cared for sports.

Raising a child, it was family day, church, then sometimes a restaurant and visiting folks.

Now, I'm kind of mixed in my feelings about the day. Son isn't here much anymore, and I seem to prefer the routine of weekdays, and even Saturday.

I just can't seem to get that into most Sunday's now. I feel kind of bad about it too, as for most of my life, it was a good day of the week, now it is almost more lonely/sad.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

To be honest, since I don't work anymore, I don't care for Sundays. I really like my routine and Sunday (and Saturday to a lesser extent) disrupts some of that. I love weekdays. It's a complete reversal of how I felt when I worked. 

I mean, I'm profoundly thankful for any day, but Sundays are my least favorite. 

Today specifically I colored my hair really early and am starting to gather "stuff" for an upcoming trip. 

I 'get' this! 

As a child, Sunday was church, then a home cooked meal then, depending on the season, either outside play, or football on TV, a fire in the fireplace, and for me, reading since I never cared for sports.

Raising a child, it was family day, church, then sometimes a restaurant and visiting folks.

Now, I'm kind of mixed in my feelings about the day. Son isn't here much anymore, and I seem to prefer the routine of weekdays, and even Saturday.

I just can't seem to get that into most Sunday's now. I feel kind of bad about it too, as for most of my life, it was a good day of the week, now it is almost more lonely/sad.

@Mominohio- yes.  It's almost a more lonely/sad day for me also. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

When I worked I lived for the weekends, now everyday is the weekend. Everyday is a choice and I love it.

@QVCkitty1

This is me too!

Today, since dh is away for the week, I will be busy cleaning the house, making a meal plan and grocery list for the week(that I may or may not implement since I'll be home alone) and paying bills. I made yesterday my Sunday, being lazy and watching movies all day!Smiley LOL

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

Now that I am retired... every day is a Sunday.  I treat my days all like vacation days!

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh I feel exactly the same since I retired.  Definitely prefer my week day routine and love going shopping or out to lunch and places being much emptier.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not a "joiner" at all.  But when our son turned 5, I said, we have to raise him in a faith tradition, like my Dad did with me.  So, even though it was agonizing for me at first, we started going to a church in town.  It's good for a lazy dreamer like me--  getting back in touch with God, being forced to be both inner and outer-directed, to honestly examine my flaws and motives. and to care deeply about a body of people and the wider world.

So Sunday is a good day of refreshment and renewal.  Add a vintage movie and ethnic take-out, and I'm all set!

Honored Contributor

I used to love settling in with a big, fat Sunday newspaper.  

Trusted Contributor

I am still working so I lay low on Sundays, prepare for the work week.  If I leave the house I am back no later than 4:00 pm. 

I mostly stay home, cook dinner, get my clothes ready for the week. Relaxation!!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Esteemed Contributor

My typical Sunday is church at 10:00, then home to fix lunch.  The res of the day is spent relaxing and possibly doing a small chore around here.  I try my hardest not to take a nap as it messes up my sleep for the evening and for a few days afterwards.  Today, it was church lunch, Computer time and then this afternoon I'm going to clean my bathroom and chop up some lettuce for tacos tomorrow and make some tuna salad.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown