Honored Contributor

Not a fan of either of them so didn't know she wasn't on.

Esteemed Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

The only morning news show I enjoy watching. Only watch local news when I'm curious about snow and tornado weather reports. Everyone holds their own on Morning Joe and I enjoy their varied guests. Especially like Willie Geist -- voice of reason, IMO. Hope Joe & Mika run off and get married, don't announce it until it's done. No one needs editorial comments from people who don't care about them. 

LOL. Well, you got mine whether you like it or not. 

Honored Contributor

Per Joe this morning, Mika will be in tomorrow and Willie on Friday.

Respected Contributor

I like them both. I put the tv on at 6 to hear what they have to say. I think Mika has a family home in Maine and spends some time there in August. Good for her to have gotten to a point in her career where she has flexibility where work is concerned.

Super Contributor

Yeah,  Joe and Chris Matthews together would be a blast - too much for me - LOL!  I like Mika by herself - Gives the guests a chance to talk.

Respected Contributor

@Txblond wrote:

Yeah,  Joe and Chris Matthews together would be a blast - too much for me - LOL!  I like Mika by herself - Gives the guests a chance to talk.

I think Rick Dolmyer from the Q should round this out....LOL 

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

Jordan2, I have often wondered what would happen if Joe Scarborough and Chris Matthews tried to hold a conversation. Each one would likely talk above the other. I wish producers of each program would read these guys the riot act. And if they think they are feminists, both Joe and Chris need some education.

JOE:  "When I was in Congress...."

CHRIS:  "When I was working for Jimmy Carter..."

They would just keep one-upping each other.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Scarborough Country was a fantastic show.  Fresh voices and different.

Morning Joe was great until the producer left and it just went entirely off the rails.  It was a civil show, there was no shouting, there was no talking over each other.  They had a huge variety of guests.

It became unwatchable.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Vivian wrote:

I’ve been wondering the same thing. Joe interrupts everyone, and rarely lets Mika complete a full sentence. They were supposed to be married this past spring but apparently that never happened. I’ve started wondering whether this office romance has gone the same route as so many others. My daughter went with a guy from work for two years. After she broke up with him, seeing him at work was extremely awkward. Unlike Mika, my daughter still has to show up at the office. Mika has been on just a few times this summer, but not when Joe was on.

@Vivian, I don't watch Morning Joe, I do watch Hard Ball With Chris Matthews. He'll ask a question and then interrupts and doesn't let his guest answer the question! 

Exactly. He also spits when he talks. I wonder if his guests get a shower. I noticed this morning before I shuffled to CNN that Joe now has red/blond hair. WHEN did that happen? Or it it my TV?

Honored Contributor

It's really a shame, with Chris Mathews.  He is smart, he does his homework, he knows what he's talking about, but the 5-minute long questions, and then as soon as the guest starts to respond he overtalks them and goes on even more, was just more than I could handle.

I don't do well with constant interrupting and over-talking.    I just can't.