Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

As for Nextdoor, I did receive a message late yesterday from a fellow who wanted to know what kind of computer I have.  I responded with info but haven't heard back yet.  One lady sent me a message today wanting to know if I told my granddaughter and daughter that I asked for help and cautioned me to be careful.  That hit a nerve and made me realize that telling strangers my age and I live with my granddaughter and daughter was a bit risky.  

There is a chance Stacy will hook it up tonight but I'm not holding my breath.  It amazes me how she can be so absorbed with herself that she can't take 20 minutes to set it up.  God help me if I need emergency attention!!!

@Lindsays Grandma I agree with her! It's never wise to reveal personal info like your exact age, or address until you feel comfortable. That is why I referenced age demographic, and not actual age. Thankfully, If you included that info, you can easily delete your post.😁

There really are people that are willing to help seniors, but If you don't know 'your other neighbors well enough to ask about this person, it is best to skip this option. Several of my neighbors are " amateur sleuths", and know EVERYONE's affairs, so it's easy for me.😂 

We have neighbors that selflessly shop for groceries, pick up medications, walk dogs, yard work, etc, for anyone in need, by connecting through Nextdoor; especially seniors, during the pandemic.😊 

I am hoping your daughter will set it up SOON too, because I know how frustrating this has been for you.😞 Is it possible that she is having a personal issue that is overwhelming her? 🤞

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

As for Nextdoor, I did receive a message late yesterday from a fellow who wanted to know what kind of computer I have.  I responded with info but haven't heard back yet.  One lady sent me a message today wanting to know if I told my granddaughter and daughter that I asked for help and cautioned me to be careful.  That hit a nerve and made me realize that telling strangers my age and I live with my granddaughter and daughter was a bit risky.  

There is a chance Stacy will hook it up tonight but I'm not holding my breath.  It amazes me how she can be so absorbed with herself that she can't take 20 minutes to set it up.  God help me if I need emergency attention!!!

@Lindsays Grandma I agree with her! It's never wise to reveal personal info like your exact age, or address until you feel comfortable. That is why I referenced age demographic, and not actual age. Thankfully, If you included that info, you can easily delete your post.😁

There really are people that are willing to help seniors, but If you don't know 'your other neighbors well enough to ask about this person, it is best to skip this option. Several of my neighbors are " amateur sleuths", and know EVERYONE's affairs, so it's easy for me.😂 

We have neighbors that selflessly shop for groceries, pick up medications, walk dogs, yard work, etc, for anyone in need, by connecting through Nextdoor; especially seniors, during the pandemic.😊 

I am hoping your daughter will set it up SOON too, because I know how frustrating this has been for you.😞 Is it possible that she is having a personal issue that is overwhelming her? 🤞

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles   I will get back to you regarding this message...

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles ...Okay, I'm back.  When I signed onto Nextdoor I did not give my address, but did give my name and age.  I received another offer from a young man who remembers the problems his mother had and wants to help me.  I think I will forget it and tell the 2 who offered that my daughter finally set it up, which she didn't, however, five minutes ago she said she will it later tonight, we'll see.

Something very strange is going on here on the boards.  Two nights in a row my threads disappeared with no notice they were deleted.   I have my suspicions  which I won't say at this point but if it happens again, someone is deliberately doing it.  Always something!!!

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor
@Lindsays Grandma

I would also advise against letting someone you don’t know on Nextdoor Come to your home or give too much info. I hope your daughter helps you as promised.

I did see a thread that was removed a few nights ago and it mentioned copyright issues.
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma I am sorry Nextdoor did not work out for you. I was really hoping that you would be using your new computer this evening, and am going to cross my fingers, eyes and toes that Stacy keeps her word this time.🤪 

That is really odd! I noticed that one was closed, but was unaware of another. Have you tried reaching out to the Mods? Perhaps they can offer an explanation, so that you can make any adjustments needed. I hate to think that these are deliberate actions, and am hoping for a swift resolution for you.🤞😊  

You know I am one of your biggest cheerleaders, and would like to continue enjoying your nightly threads. They remain a dependable part of my forum enjoyment experience. I cannot tell you how many times I sign off, with a big smile on my face.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
@Lindsays Grandma

I would also advise against letting someone you don’t know on Nextdoor Come to your home or give too much info. I hope your daughter helps you as promised.

I did see a thread that was removed a few nights ago and it mentioned copyright issues.

@bikerbabe...The one the moderator deleted was a "Message" and I have no idea why she did it.  It had the name of the source on it which it is supposed to have, so as I said, don't know why she did it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
@Lindsays Grandma

@bikerbabe...The one the moderator deleted was a "Message" and I have no idea why she did it.  It had the name of the source on it which it is supposed to have, so as I said, don't know why she did it.   Also, I contacted the two young men who offered to help me ,that my daughter already did it and thanked them.

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles ...I always feel so much better after I read your posts, you say the kindest things.  Yes, I reached out to the "mods" and asked how this can happen but no one has responded with a clue except to say that posters cannot delete a thread. Two times in two nights?  Rather strange don't you think?  Oh well, chalk it up to another one of life's mysteries.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
@Lindsays Grandma

@bikerbabe...The one the moderator deleted was a "Message" and I have no idea why she did it.  It had the name of the source on it which it is supposed to have, so as I said, don't know why she did it.   Also, I contacted the two young men who offered to help me ,that my daughter already did it and thanked them.

@Lindsays Grandma 

This is just my guess, but many times on your 'message'/'jokes' threads, you just list the 'source' as 'the internet'.

That's too vague and not giving the source who originally posted it on 'the internet' credit, to avoid copyright violations.

I have seen you post this on many of your threads which have been deleted for 'copyright violations'.

Just saying 'from the internet' or copying these and saying they're from Reader's Digest isn't enough, Reader's Digest has copyrights on the material they print in their magazine and their website.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom..Thanks for your input.  The two threads that disappeared were not removed by the Social Team.  When they remove a post or thread it is clearly marked that they removed it.  In this case, the 2 went bye bye mysteriously and I was just curious as to how that happened, no big deal.