Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@hckynut ...I have experienced a number of times in my life that people are not always kind, and things happen that turn your life upside down.   From those experiences I found the strength to always pick myself up and move on.   I am thankful that my parents taught their two daughters to never allow anyone or anything to get in our way that would knock us down so far that we couldn't get up.  I have never been a victim, I am and always will be a survivor. 

@Lindsays Grandma 

Nothing in any of your posts have I thought differently about how you have lived your life. In that respect, we have much in common. Running my adult hockey league over half a century, meeting hundreds of men from around the world. 

Learned a lot about all aspects of life from kind people and many not so nice people. Myself and my 3 older sisters were raised by 1 parent, our mother. She taught us both verbally and more importantly, by example of how she lived her life.

Like you, I have never felt I was a victim, and I was born in a Public Housing Project, which today would be considered to be the very bottom of poverty. 

Those projects, in our City and state were Integrated, not Segregated, and kids were kids regardless of their skin or spiritual beliefs. Most my neighbors were Christians, there were 2 Jewish families as neighbors. Myself and my 3 sisters all attended the same Catholic School. 

I didn't live the exact life my mom wanted, which was higher education and save for the future. I lived for the day and believed I learned more about life by actually living it, not reading about it in books.

Were she still alive she would be happy with the path of life I chose to live and will continue to live in the same manner. The most important thing to me is first, living for another tomorrow. Everything that comes with that day I view as a blessing.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut    From everything in your posts that I have read indicates you lived your life the way you wanted to.  I don't see anything wrong with that as long as no one was hurt as a result.  You have had health problems that might have stopped you from doing the things you loved but you always fought the good fight and came out on top.  I mean, come on, look at you, ice skating at your age!!

I would love to write a book about the doors that closed and the ones that opened.  Each time a door opened the story got better.  Therefore, I am a firm believer in the the saying, "When one door closes another opens."

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  Originally, I was going to share a comment, but I think your posts unwittingly summed up my thoughts brilliantly! Well said!!!😁👍👍

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma  Originally, I was going to share a comment, but I think your posts unwittingly summed up my thoughts brilliantly! Well said!!!😁👍👍

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles    Okay, now you left me curious as to what your comment was going to be, care to share?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles    Okay, now you left me curious as to what your comment was going to be, care to share?

@Lindsays Grandma Certainly.😊 I was merely going to point out, that through self-realization, after having experienced much adversity earlier in my life, am I able to relate to, and admire this message. I am forever grateful for the joy-filled life I have today.🙏👍👍

It was your words in response to another poster,  "From those experiences I found the strength to always pick myself up and move on",  that resonate with me the most. We are indeed soul sisters.😁

😊 Life really is too short to be anything but HAPPY( as we can be)!❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@Lindsays Grandma Certainly.😊 I was merely going to point out, that through self-realization, after having experienced much adversity earlier in my life, am I able to relate to, and admire this message. I am forever grateful for the joy-filled life I have today.🙏👍👍

It was your words in response to another poster,  "From those experiences I found the strength to always pick myself up and move on",  that resonate with me the most. We are indeed soul sisters.😁

😊 Life really is too short to be anything but HAPPY( as we can be)!❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles ...I was going through some quotes when this caught my eye:

"You must love yourself first to be able to love and receive love from others."  I have always believed that we must love ourselves, which some people think is selfish but of course it isn't.  If I love myself I will not accept what is bad for me.  If you love yourself you will not accept what is bad for you, and on and on.

I do know that once I finally did not allow adversities to stop me from being happy my life changed for the better. It is terribly late so I am going to close for now, more later.  

Heart