make you laugh, forget the

bad, and focus on the good.

Love the people who treat

you right.  Pray for the ones

who don't.  Life is too short

to be anything but happy.

falling down is part of life,

getting back up is living.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Khloe Kardashian posted this on her Instagram....not sure if she was the original writer.

Emotional: The Good American creator posted a series of heartfelt messages to her fans on Wednesday, seemingly encouraging herself to stay strong during the difficult time

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

**UPDATE**

Found the original source, Demetri Alexander Salvaggio on Facebook.

Just giving credit where credit is due.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  I just LOVE this feel good message. Its relevant simplicity, made my soul smile.😁 Well done!!!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

**UPDATE**

@KingstonsMom   Jose N. Harris is given the most credit for this quote from Mi Vida - A Story of Faith.

You have to be careful with quotes; people post them on social media and sign their names; not so much to take credit as to just show something they like.  Thus Kim Kardashian has posted this but she is not the author.

Often these types of quotes are used over and over again so much that the original author is lost.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom    I doubt she was the original writer.  I have a number of different quotes in  my phone and each one has at least 30 quotes in it.  She could very well have the same ones, but thanks for mentioning it.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

**UPDATE**

@KingstonsMom   Glad you found the source, however, I can assure you I did not copy it from Facebook.  One would have to be a fool to do that and I am no fool.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

From reading this I can say that many of the things said here, I was doing at a pretty young age, comparatively speaking. Starting probably being full of Optimism, which is pretty much looking at the good in life in lieu of the bad.

Going through tough times can make you stronger, never think you are always a victim. Live your life for yourself, not the way others think you should live. No matter how many times you get knocked down, dust yourself off, and move forward.

"Man was born to live, not to prepare for life"

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut ...I have experienced a number of times in my life that people are not always kind, and things happen that turn your life upside down.   From those experiences I found the strength to always pick myself up and move on.   I am thankful that my parents taught their two daughters to never allow anyone or anything to get in our way that would knock us down so far that we couldn't get up.  I have never been a victim, I am and always will be a survivor. 

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

**UPDATE**

@KingstonsMom   Glad you found the source, however, I can assure you I did not copy it from Facebook.  One would have to be a fool to do that and I am no fool.

@Lindsays Grandma  @KingstonsMom  He is not the author.  He posted this along with other quotes as one of his favorites.

Again, people need to be careful.  Quotes are posted as favorites without original authors.  Then people assum the poster is the author.

I posted where this quote comes from upthread.  I heard this quote in a stress workshop and it was attributed to Jose Harris. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh