Honored Contributor

Re: Loved my first telemedicine visit

My immunologist does not want me in the office, I am immuno compromised, I have seen her for the past three weeks via telemedicine. I ma  starting at home infusions which is why so many visits

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

My immunologist does not want me in the office, I am immuno compromised, I have seen her for the past three weeks via telemedicine. I ma  starting at home infusions which is why so many visits

@I am still oxox 

I’m trying to keep up, are you giving yourself injections of gamma

globulin, or are you having IV infusions?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I got email from my insurer and my doc re Telecare. I had to laugh to myself - I need hearing test and eye exam, and my hearing aids adjusted / three visits that have to happen in person.

To get new order for physical therapy after we’re released from house arrest/ I can request via email.

I can’t imagine what they’ll do about PT - normally there are six clients at a time in various exercises, machines, heat treatments and massages.
Honored Contributor

@Drythe 

Thank you for asking I  will be getting something SubQ or subcutaneous, I am till not up on all the speficis since I have not had my first session

@Drythe wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox 

@Drythe wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Drythe 

Thank you for asking I  will be getting something SubQ or subcutaneous, I am till not up on all the speficis since I have not had my first session

@Drythe wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox 

@Drythe wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox 

@I am still oxox 

Thanks, reason I asked is that you asked earlier if anyone had experience with injections to share.  I had Gamma Gloublin IV Infusions for 

3 years, but since I had infusions I did not think I could add anything.

But tonight you said infusions, so I thought I might be helpful.  But, I guess not.  

Thanks for the reply

I hope it works well for you,.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe 

I asked about infusion, someone answering might of said Injection, these are Gama Gloublin infusions done at home subcutaneous, my doctor wants to keep me away from any medical settings

@Drythe wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Drythe 

@Drythe wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox 

@Drythe wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox 

@I am still oxox 

Thanks, reason I asked is that you asked earlier if anyone had experience with injections to share.  I had Gamma Gloublin IV Infusions for 

3 years, but since I had infusions I did not think I could add anything.

But tonight you said infusions, so I thought I might be helpful.  But, I guess not.  

Thanks for the reply

I hope it works well for you,.

Honored Contributor

@Drythe 

Hi and it is neither I wil be getting the medication subcureneously, which is not an IV, it is done with a several needle pump on your skin I will getting drug called Hizentra, which is a GG proudct.

@Drythe wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have to go early tomorrow morning for a fasting blood draw which will be sent to a lab for analysis. I'm to call the doctor's office from their parking lot,  A nurse will come to my car, take my temperature and get other information. If no CO-vid symptoms are apparent, I'll go straight into their own lab. I have an appointment scheduled for next week when my doctor will discuss the test results with me and do the physical contact stuff, and sometimes an EKG. I guess they'll do the parking lot thing and then take me straight to the exam/treatment room. I was told that both of their doctors have reduced their caseloads. To me that's very unfortunate for everyone. I hope it won't hurt them and their staff financially. Not only that, they are a well-known, excellent group and it's difficult enough to get an appointment with them under normal conditions. I don't know if they have implemented a remote tele-doc method yet.

It's pretty much the same with my opthalmologist. He literally saved my vision when he detected a condition during a routine exam years ago. He's retiring in a few months. It has nothing to do with the virus, it's all the superfluous paperwork imposed on physicians after the Obama Care medical system was implemented. Many doctors had to hire a person just to do the excess paperwork it required. The new virus will further compromise an already glutted system. It's very frightening.