Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking through my closets and finding some duplicates

@jannabelle1  Not watching the Shopping channels... just sometimes.  My duplicates are coming from catalog companies mostly.  They run sales and I am "all in"and forget I bought the same thing... last sale.  Mostly Blair.  But honestly sometimes the Q when things are on clearance. 

Honored Contributor

Yep!  I'm right there with you.  It has to do with our extra discount which is a very small number of days when new clothing comes in.  If it's really before I can wear it, I put it aside.  I have bought three things I had bought back when I couldn't wear them!  They'll go to consignment this fall.Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

If I really like something, I sometimes order a second one on purpose. You could use that story! 

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I purposely buy duplicates (actually waaaay more than duplicates) when I find something I love.

I live in black capris and black yoga pants about 9 months out of the year.  And I keep two houses stocked with plenty of these so I don't have to pack outfits.

I'm also really finicky as my blacks have to be black so I like to have backup pairs to wear.

Jeans and shorts I rarely buy duplicates.

If I were you, I'd keep the items with the tags still on them and when the originals start to look 'worn', I'd pull out the brand new and start wearing them.

Me too, in every color!  I'm such a slob with tee shirts - they rarely make it to a second season.

I've started buying prints, this way the bleach and cooking splatters, coffee and tea stains aren't as noticeable!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't do this with clothing, but I recently duplicated a jar of peppercorns I didn't know I had!

Esteemed Contributor

I just found a duplicate this morning. It has happened to me before. This time it was a lace up front blouse from Chico’s. I guess I really liked it.

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu,

Thanks for posting and being honest! I do exactly the same as you and others!

http://i10.glitter-graphics.org/pub/1518/1518640ttoifvd6gy.gif

Respected Contributor

Too funny! 

Then you are like,  “hmmmm, what was I thinking?, or more to the point, “hmmmm, was I even thinking at all?”!!! 🤪 

Gotta laugh! Been there, done that myself!!

(Thanks for the morning chuckle!)

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

Well - I am glad I bought a duplicate of a top. I spilled something on my top. So before I washed the top, I poured Tide on the spill.

I wore the top to a picnic. And my husband pointed out, the exact outline of the Tide that I poured on the spill was there for everyone to see. I can't believe I did not notice. I will wash the top again and hope the Tide outline will disappear. But at least I have a top exactly like it, ready to wear.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I would be embarrassed to say I have clothes I did not know I had, and I would be seriously rethinking my shopping habits.I am frequently amazed by posters on this board who say they have clothes they have never worn. That would also make me rethink my spending/shopping habit. 

That said - I admit to a weakness for purses and I do have a few I hardly ever use. I really have to hold myself back when it comes to purses , and lately also to shoes.