Honored Contributor

Anyone else an anomaly in the sense that they don't have friends from decades ago?

If so, how did you meet the friends that you have?

I'm also "different" in that I haven't had any family for the last 38 years.

Esteemed Contributor

Our life long friends we met at a retreat in 1983, going there tomorrow for lunch! Still have some high school friends I associate with.  

Honored Contributor

My longest friendships are with people I met while working.  I just lost track of people from school, mostly my fault. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor
I have three long time friends. One I met in the fourth grade that I talk to everyday; one from work in the early 70s who sadly passed a year ago next month. We traveled the world together; and one I met in the early 80s at aerobics. So blessed to have them as my friends. We have shared so many good and bad times. I haven't had my parents for over 50 years.
Esteemed Contributor

Ive had my oldest friend for 66 years and many more for 30, 40, 50 years.  These are friends from school, sorority, work and travel.  FB is a wonderful thing as I lived on both coasts and three countries.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

My longest friendships are with people I met while working.  I just lost track of people from school, mostly my fault. 

Same for me.

Honored Contributor

I have one long-time friend,a former college roommate who happens to be a well-known professional water colorist.  I've lost track if others I'd like to see again.  The trouble with Facebook is that most women have changed their names so can't be found.  She lives near Boston but is planning a visit here next year.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy  I had lunch with my best friend from high school this week. We celebrated her 80 th birthday a month late due to a back problem and therapy she just had. 
  The other friend that would join us for lunch had a bad fall four years ago and swelling of the brain that surgery couldn't help. I put flowers on her grave. We miss her at out lunches. 
  I see two friends from aerobics classes where we met years ago. We lunch occasionally not as much as before the pandemic. 
       🧍‍♀️ 👭 💙 ❤️❣️

Esteemed Contributor

My friends that I see now, I met through work and church. 

If I see school friends, we say hello, share a little bit about what we’ve been up to, say great to see you and move on.

We didn’t have our 49th class reunion due to Covid19 but we’re having a one day event July 2nd. Excited to see everyone.

I don’t have my parents anymore, but I have all my siblings and lots of aunts, uncles, cousins, our 2 nieces and several nephews and all their kiddos. 

Trusted Contributor

I moved around a lot after college amd made many friends at church and at work. I did not keep in touch with many HS friends once I went to college. We all went to different schools all over the country....long before FB, texting, and the internet. It was easy to lose track of each other back then. I am happy to have had three childhood and high school friends find me on FB...it has been wonderful to share memories and get together with those who live not far away now.