Trusted Contributor

Does anyone use Walmart grocery delivery?

I would love some feedback.  I am trying it for the first time today Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone use Walmart grocery delivery?

[ Edited ]

@northiie57 wrote:

I would love some feedback.  I am trying it for the first time today Smiley Happy

@northiie57 

Not familiar with Walmart's Delivery--I use Instacart have been for 3 years and love it, a tip is to stay on the APP or website while shopping takes place in case items on your list are out of stock so you can suggest a replacement item to the shopper (they'll post a photo of what's available to chose from or you can request a refund) .......Good Luck with Walmart's Delivery Service hope it's just as easy as Instacart....Im an Instacart Express member $99 a yr, paid up front and with my membership I dont pay a delivery fee----theres a $3.40 service fee you pay per order in addition to your grocery bill--plus any tip per order, tip is optional---- so with my $99 membership the total and service fees dividing it into 12 months it works out to about $12 a month a year---Instacart is worth it, Walmart fees seem high.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

When I don't have a lot of time, I have ordered items from Walmart and added boxed or canned grocery items to meet the fee SH threshold.  They are left on my front porch in Walmart bags.  I would imagine you would need to be present to bring fresh items in from the heat.

Some items I have ordered come Fed Ex from the manufacturer.

Trusted Contributor

@northiie57 @I'll be interested to hear about your experience with WM delivery. It just started in my area and I've not heard of anyone I know using it yet. Here they are using Door Dash for delivery. Please come back and let us know if you were satisfied or if there was anything you didn't like. 

Super Contributor

Happy with it.  I have not ordered eggs!  Mostly canned or boxed products.  Very little perishable.  Everything has been very good for me.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I do for about 14 months.

I was using another grocery store, but they began using Instacart and prices went up sky high overnight.  $1.00 increase for F a g e yogurt, for example.

Walmart has been great.  I signed up for Walmart Plus at $98 yearly, so delivery is free.  That $98 also includes orders from .com and 5 cents off a gallon of gas.  Last year shipping and delivery charges combined were over $200, so I saved over $100 in shipping and delivery with Walmart Plus.

I'm not sure if every Walmart store operates the same as far as grocery delivery.  My store uses local residents who want to make extra money, so no grocery delivery company like Instacart or Shipit.  They have been great.  Always on time.  I have drivers call me when my order is delivered.  I have them leave bags at my front door.  I give them a tip based on how much I spend. Tips are optional.

Not one time did I receive anything but the best fresh fruits, vegetables, and meats.  My orders have always been correct.  Not so with the previous grocery store.  

Groceries are bagged by a Walmart employee, not the driver.  100% of the tip goes to the driver. 

The only problem with Walmart and its been that way in the store, online, and grocery delivery, for years, they are out of stock of a few things, but will substitute if wanted.  Most of the time, though, I receive what I order.  

Lately, though, they are limiting the number of items I can order, particularly chicken caused by the bird flu. 

Prices are lower than other grocery stores in my area, so that's a big plus.

You probably noticed, they deliver 7 days a week.  I like their same day delivery if time slots are open.  I can also make changes to my order up to around 5 am on the day of delivery.  

You will receive surveys, rating the delivery person, the items received, and the website, unlike the previous grocery store.  So important to catch problems before they get out of hand.  

If there is anything else you'd like to know, let me know.

Again, my review is only for my local Walmart. I suppose all have similar policies, but quality of service is based on the efficiency of each store's employees and delivery service if they use one.  

Trusted Contributor

First order success! Smiley Happy  Came on time and they followed delivery instructions, which is so important as I am disabled and live in my studio apartment behind the kids house.  Bags were not super heavy!  They did not charge me for bags like insta cart does and heavy fees.  There is no tipping for my local walmart.  I am very happy on the whole transaction.  I am on the 30 day trail of the membership and I will continue as it has other perks besides free delivery.  I am saving way more this way.  I hope they keep up the good work Smiley Happy  Insta cart is used by our local grocery store and they are higher priced and out of stock of items that are on sale, I just got sick of it and not being able to get them.  It's all good!

Esteemed Contributor

@northiie57  

I am very happy with Walmart Delivery.  @Foxxee has covered just about everything. I will add if they don't have what I want in the store and don't approve substitutions then deliver within two days without charge (I also have the $98 plan.  Very pleased with my store.

Honored Contributor

We have had a few deliveries and I have been happy it.  I don't order produce for delivery but I guess that would be ok too--or meat unless it was the prepacked and sealed meat. 

Walmart is our only nearby choice, so we do a lot of pickups and have been ok with it.  Their chickens are HUGE and not as good as the Whole Foods ones I like, but ok.  We can pickup from a super center or a neighborhood market--which oddly has more things in stock that we buy. Got organic berries there yesterday.

Respected Contributor

I have been using Walmart Delivery for quite some time and have been happy with it. They have the lowest prices. Delivery has been on time. I just have them leave the groceries at the door. I tip on line. I also signed-up for $98 unlimited delivery for a year as long as I order $35 worth of products. 

I love it, it is a time saver for me. I also use Kroger Delivery now which is also good. Their delivery fee per year is around $79. Kroger comes in a refrigerated truck. I occasionally use Instacart at Publix, but this option is the most expensive. 

I think now that I will always use delivery.