Honored Contributor

Re: Longing for Fall and Cooler Weather....

@ciao_bella.....I agree....we do not have central air, but one unit in the family room that blows out onto our back porch....when the air is on we are trapped in the rooms that the unit cools, ugh......

Our DGD stopped one afteroon and we were on the back porch (no heat, no air) just enclosed with large windows and screens....she could not believe we were comfortable!  She thought it was unbearable.....we watch TV, have meals, read the paper in that room until it's to cold and then get back out there as soon as we can in the spring.....she is spoiled with central air, while DH and I have gotten used to not having the air on all the time.

I also stripped my mantle and put up a few fall things.  This morning the air is cool and crisp...thank goodness!

Honored Contributor

I love fall but I HATE WINTER.  This makes it hard to fully enjoy the fall, knowing what comes next.

I will gladly hang onto summer for as long as possible.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@ciao_bella.....I agree....we do not have central air, but one unit in the family room that blows out onto our back porch....when the air is on we are trapped in the rooms that the unit cools, ugh......

Our DGD stopped one afteroon and we were on the back porch (no heat, no air) just enclosed with large windows and screens....she could not believe we were comfortable!  She thought it was unbearable.....we watch TV, have meals, read the paper in that room until it's to cold and then get back out there as soon as we can in the spring.....she is spoiled with central air, while DH and I have gotten used to not having the air on all the time.

I also stripped my mantle and put up a few fall things.  This morning the air is cool and crisp...thank goodness!

I agree with your daughter!  LOL!!!  You'd be spoiled to pretty quick here in Oklahoma!  Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Well I'm going to the beach next week - never took vacation during "official summer," so I at least want it to be warm and sunny. I like fall weather and the leaves changing but I don't enjoy it getting dark at 4:30. And last winter in Maryland have been pretty awful, with more ice than snow and instead of having one or two big storms and done, we kept getting little storms with ice and sleet every few days. Temps were extremely cold much of the time too. I'm hoping we're spared this year, I'm a 12 month secretary for the school and I do not get snow days off unless it's piled up to my door and I can't get out! Woman Wink