Esteemed Contributor

I keep up with the times, I am far from being a prude but, I don't understand why some people find it necessary to walk around and/or pose practically undressed.  Is there something wrong with leaving something to the imagination? 

I am shocked at the way many celebrities pose themselves for all the world to see looking like...okay, I am not allowed to say what I am thinking...use your imaginations.   I am the first one, when I see attractive people to say how great they look.  It is almost impossible today to say that because what I see is not attractive.  I, as far as I can tell, did not cross the line and I am now going to say goodnight.  I just had to get this off my mind because it does get upsetting, a little modesty folks, please.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  You're not a prude.  We all have different values and morals.  And you have a right to your opinion.  I agree with you.  The world is coarse, and our today's culture reflects that.  And there are many reasons for that.  Sad.

Super Contributor

I  dont know which is worse, the problem you described in our culture OR the need to defend your position.

Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

Nope, you are absolutely NOT a prude.  I add my name to the list of those who stand with you in agreement.  

Respected Contributor

I ask can it get worse?   My answer is yes, will they start wearing no clothes.  It seems that's the only way to go.

Honored Contributor

The exhibitionist behavior we see in indicative of the times in which we're living.  The really isn't a darn thing we can do about it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I totally agree, @Lindsays Grandma. Nothing is left to the imagination. I was shopping for somewhere this summer, could of been anywhere, looking for shorts. I have panties with more material than some of the shorts they are selling these days. Granny Panties, I guess, LOL. And I am not even a granny yet.

Esteemed Contributor

I think Hollywood  stars are the biggest hypocrites, saying one thing and baring everything.

I walk the dog near my highschool, and the shortest shorts are being worn by young girls at school.  Next step, bikinis.  Where are the parents? They are still underage.  This world is falling apart with low morals, which most condone it seems.   

Honored Contributor

I hear ya and I agree.  People will say --- what's your problem, grannie --- are you jealous???  No, I am not jealous!  I think you can look cute, feminine, even se*y, and not show everything you have, and not wear everything so tight, short, or low cut. I don't think it looks nice to go to such extremes, it just looks trashy.

I agree about the short-shorts.  I see some young, and I mean young, teen girls wearing these things and I think --- what are the parents thinking???  

Here's another scenario.  DH and I were at a big box home goods store the other door.  This woman came bouncing through --- with a skin tight sports bra on and the tightest pair of yoga pants ever.  It was quite obvious that no undergraments were in place.

I get it that it's everone's right to wear what you want, but sheesh, I agree with Lindsays Grandma!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

I am retired now, but when I worked, my places of employment had dress codes.

Schools have dress codes.  Why aren't they being enforced?

I know we have some posters that are teachers. 

What do you say?