Respected Contributor

Longing for Fall and Cooler Weather....

Here I sit in the a/c because the outside temperature, with the humidity factored in, is 105 degrees!  It's like breathing pea soup!

I find myself longing for the fall with cooler temps and windows open.   On the computer, I find myself looking at fall recipes and autumn scented candles.   Yesterday, I stripped down all the summer decor off my fireplace mantel and started to arrange it for fall..   Some may say I'm pushing it too fast, but for me...it can't come soon enough!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

Re: Longing for Fall and Cooler Weather....

It's really been hot & muggy here with all the rain we keep having. 

Woke up this morning & it cooled off. It's only 75° right now.

Tomorrow it's back to hot.

It's been in the high 90's with the heat index yesterday at 106°.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely can't wait. First purchase once this heat passes Long Island will be mums for the planters on my entry walk.  I think I'll wait for a few weeks to pack away my summery clothes, but I am already tired of them, so it won't be all that many weeks!

Honored Contributor

Same here in East Texas but coming in around a 100 with heat index.  As I type this my boss and his dear wife are on a flight to Wyoming until next Tues.  Will imagine much cooler weather than what I am going out into in a couple of hours.  It did sound very cool yesterday when I said goodbye to him and "see you in September!"

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I will be starting to decorate the house this weekend,

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/48/55/b4/4855b4674ca6880f5a9278c833751082.jpg

Contributor

I know where you are coming from.I love fall.Clear crisp days.The beautiful fall colors.The smell of leaves.I was content to stay in the house yesterday.Cleaning and cooking.And watching Martha Stewart on the Q.And O'Boy I was bad Yesterday here in Va.with the heat index 100 degress.i have not started my Fall Decorating yet.last year i started early.Decided to hold off for a week or two.

Honored Contributor

I just stay out of hot heat and with my a.c. on 72, it could be 150 outside and I wouldn't know it.   It's almost September so for most of us this heat is the last blast of summer.   I don't understand why people act like they have never experienced summer before...lol  

Respected Contributor

Fall is fine but we rarely get any spring or fall anymore. I cannot stand cold, ice & snow. So I will take the heat anytime.

Honored Contributor

Just this morning someone was asking DH & I if we were surviving the Florida summer. We just looked at her and said it was 3 degrees warmer in Pa yesterday than  Sarasota as they are in a heat wave up north. I don't find it to be particularly hot here. We are keeping our AC at 76 degrees and we feel very comfortable.When the housekeeper comes DH turns it down for her because she works hard and gets really hot, but as soon as she's done - back to 76 it goes.

Of course , we swim for exercise instead of walking - slight adjustments.

Last night we had company and when we opened the door for them to leave - a big ole bullfrog hopped into the living room, so all 4 of us were chasing it around the house trying to catch it.So my friend grabbed her phone and started taking video of the rest of us chasing it. Hysterical. We were all laughing so hard , in between she & I screaming. Our husbands - the great American hunters - finally caught it and took it outside.

Respected Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

Fall is fine but we rarely get any spring or fall anymore. I cannot stand cold, ice & snow. So I will take the heat anytime.

ITA. Fall is just a lead in to 5 solid months of cold weather. I hate layers and layers of clothes, wool socks, darkness at 4:30, pasty skin. I’ll take the heat anyday over that